Takeda Continuously Recognized as Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
Takeda is honored to be recognized as a 2022 Best Place to Work for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer (LGBTQ)+ Equality, earning a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign's (HRC) Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the sixth consecutive year!
Only a few hundred companies spanning all industries earn a perfect score each year, and Takeda is proud to be among them. To earn a perfect score, Takeda has shown year-over-year that the company supports an inclusive culture, demonstrate corporate social responsibility, and provides inclusive benefits and workforce protections to ensure equal opportunity and non-discriminatory practices.
In 2021, Takeda introduced U.S. Employee Gender Transition Guidelines as a resource for all U.S.-based managers and employees. The guidelines were a natural step forward in Takeda’s commitment to an inclusive culture where employees can work in an environment where they can be their true selves.
“As an organization, Takeda made true progress last year by introducing Gender Transition Guidelines and developing many incredible external partnerships that have helped us really move the needle,” said Javier Barrientos, Takeda’s U.S. head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. “This year, we continue to forge ahead, such as launching the U.S. Region Self-ID Initiative last week. The initiative enables employees to self-identify sexual orientation, gender identity, and pronouns in Workday to help Takeda develop more inclusive resources and programming."
Take Pride is one of several TRGs across the company that serves as a visible and accessible resource for all Takeda employees – regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity – to ensure that Takeda's LGBTQ+ employees and allies feel safe, respected, and supported. Strategic areas of focus include:
- Enabling the business to effectively support LGBTQ+ patients
- Increasing organizational understanding of LGBTQ+ Issues
- Developing LGBTQ+ leaders at Takeda
- Attracting LGBTQ+ talent to Takeda
Take Pride has partnered in numerous initiatives prior to 2022, and you can join Take Pride this year in similar efforts that include:
- Working with Building Impact to identify virtual volunteer opportunities with organizations supporting the LGBTQ+ community, including Camp Lightbulb and Boston Healthcare for the homeless.
- Takeda is a corporate sponsor of Fenway Health, a federally qualified community health center that works to make life healthier for people in the LGBTQ+ community.
- Partnering with the Phluid Project to bring foundational training on the concepts of gender identity and gender expression to Takeda.
Take Pride is a visible and accessible resource for all Takeda employees – regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity – to ensure that Takeda’s LGBTQ+ employees and allies feel safe, respected, and supported.
- Executive Sponsors: Rick Ascroft and Simon Davies
- Co-Leads: Robert de Tuya and David Crawford
- Executive Leadership Board: Max McArdle, Maureen Feeney, Darren Ostmeyer, Nathan Nyein, Eric Chebator, Melissa Fernandez, Paula Reece, and Dylan Williams
For additional resources regarding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Takeda, click here.
View All JobsSearch
Would you like to receive relevant opportunities in your inbox as soon as they’re posted?SIGN UP
Are you interested in company news, attending career events, and hearing more from Takeda?Join