Lab Assistant - R&D Comparative MedicineBoston, Massachusetts
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
At Takeda, we strive to provide transformational opportunities for every member of our team, and we empower our people to take charge of their futures. In an environment that fosters lifelong learning and a growth mindset, you’ll have the support you need to thrive — at work and beyond.
LAB ASSISTANT - R&D COMPARATIVE MEDICINE
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Lab Assistant - R&D Comparative Medicine in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Provide quality husbandry and animal care including feeding, watering, cage changes, performing daily health observations of animals in rooms as assigned and administering treatments under the direction of the Veterinarian or designee.
- Responsible for general laboratory upkeep including operation of cage washers and autoclaves, stocking of supplies, routine sanitization, and maintaining a clean, organized environment.
- Feeding, watering and daily health observations of animals in rooms as assigned.
- General facility upkeep, routine sanitization and stocking of supplies.
- Operation of cage washers and autoclaves.
- Maintenance of accurate documentation of work completed and animal related observations.
- Administration of prescribed medications under direction of the Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician.
- Transport of supplies and equipment between facilities.
- Weekend and holiday work is required on a rotating schedule. Responsible for own work, ensuring quality and meeting deadline.
- Responsible for assessing problems or issues that should be brought to the attention of the supervisor or manager.
- Provide technical support to investigators and their staff (e.g. injections, collection of biological samples, compound dosing, micro chipping etc.) as needed.
- Coaches and trains peers where appropriate.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Essential: A.S./B.S. or equivalent in a scientific field or animal experience in a veterinary clinic, zoo etc.; or HS diploma plus 3 or more years experience working with laboratory animals.
- AALAS certification at ALAT level preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 30lbs repeatedly and 50lbs short distances. Ability to push pull large equipment short distances. Ability to work on their feet for long periods of time
Location and Salary Information:
Base Salary Range: $42,000 to $60,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
This lab-based position is currently classified as “hybrid” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.”
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- DMPK & M PhD Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- Associate Director, Computational Chemistry San Diego, California Category: Research & Development
- Associate Scientific Director, Liver Disease Research and Drug Discovery, GI DDU San Diego, California Category: Research & Development
- Scientist Boston, Massachusetts Category: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.