Manufacturing Associate - DayThousand Oaks, California
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Job Title: Manufacturing Associate
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
About the role:
Under the general direction of the Manufacturing Lead and overall direction of the Supervisor, the Manufacturing Associate executes all processes in the production area while strictly adhering to CGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations.
How you will contribute:
- Support Cell Culture/Purification operations to produce a bulk drug substance product.
- Prepare media and buffer solution.
- Clean, set up, operate, and teardown of equipment such as tanks, filtration systems, carton assembler, bioreactors, and production lines.
- Operate general production equipment (such as pH and conductivity meters, autoclave, portable mixers, etc.).
- Monitor and record critical process parameters.
- Complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of production equipment to maintain equipment in GMP fashion.
- Manually clean portable equipment and small parts.
- Perform sampling using aseptic techniques.
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Receive and distribute supplies into production area.
- Set up operations, daily maintenance, and break down of simple/routine equipment.
- Gain qualification to perform CIP, SIP autoclave, small parts preparation.
- Identify processing gaps and help implement new technologies.
- Perform minor to moderate troubleshooting.
- Draft simple to moderate DCRs and complete minor NCR investigations.
- Able to provide feedback for operations & elevate concerns as needed.
- Actively seeks opportunities for personal development and monitors progress toward achieving development goals.
- General knowledge with cGMP manufacturing, regulatory regulations is preferred.
What you bring to Takeda:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor's degree preferred.
- 0-2 years of related work experience
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- The overall physical exertion of this position requires medium to heavy work.
- May require the use of special visual or auditory protective equipment.
- May be required to work at heights above floor level.
- Will not be required to operate foot controls or repetitive foot movement.
- May work and have exposure to hot, cold, wet environment/conditions.
- May be required to sit between 1-2 hours.
- May be required to climb (use step stools and ladders) or kneel up to 1 hour.
- Requires repetitive use of both right and left hands and arms up to 3-4 hours.
- May be required to walk or stand between 3-4 hours.
- May be required to bend at the neck/waist or squat for up to 1 hour in Bulk and between 1-2 hours in Suite A.
- May be required to reach above/below the shoulder between 1-2 hours.
- May be required to twist at the waist up/twist at the neck up to 1 hour.
- May be required to lift up to 75lbs in Bulk and over 75lbs in the Suite A area; Lifts per shift up to 14 times.
- May be required to carry up to 25lbs; Carry distance of up to 30ft; Carries per shift up to 6 times in Bulk and up to 14 times in Suite A.
- May require simple grasping/power grasping and fine manipulation up to 1 hour.
- May require pushing/pulling with hands/arms between 1-2 hours.
- May require office work activities with hands/arms up to 1 hour in Bulk; between 1-2 hours in Suite A.
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- May be required to manage hazardous waste in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling, and on-site transporting of hazardous wastes.
- Required to work an alternate work schedule (10-hour shift / 4 days a week) including a weekend day and possibly holidays.
- May require overtime and/or assignment to a different shift as needed.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range: $ 32,200 to $ 46,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors, including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - CA - Thousand Oaks - Rancho Conejo
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Validation Engineer, Narita Plant / 成田工場 バリデーションエンジニア Chiba, Japan Category: Engineering
- Technicien.ne Production DSP Neuchâtel, Switzerland Category: Manufacturing/Production
- Technicien.ne Production DSP Neuchâtel, Switzerland Category: Manufacturing/Production
- Key Account Manager, Oncology, Hong Kong Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR Category: Sales and Marketing
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.