Senior Metrology TechnicianSocial Circle, Georgia
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
About the role:
The Senior Metrology Technician performs maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair on a variety of circuits, components, analytical equipment and instruments for laboratory and manufacturing equipment. You will prepare technical reports, perform trending on equipment and processes, and determines acceptability of product and processes based on data analysis and specifications. You will report to the Instrumentation and Control Supervisor in Social Circle, GA.
How you will contribute:
· Follow sequence of testing from calibration procedures for instruments and equipment and ensures all tasks are performed in compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
· Set up standards and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
· Help develop test and calibration methods for measurement devices.
· Apply formulas to address problems in measurements and calibrations.
· Assist engineers in evaluation plans and procedures, to maintain accuracy of measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment.
· Ensure all tasks are performed in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
· Send and receive calibration equipment through the Warehouse.
· Monitor work order status for equipment that is sent off-site for calibration and repair.
· Serve as a technical resource and calibration training provider.
· Will manage vendor calibration program.
· Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives and calibration optimizations.
· Review calibration W.O.s, identify and support investigation of Out of Tolerance instrumentation.
Key Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
· Calibration of field instruments: pressure, temperature, flow, humidity, pH, conductivity, weighing (load cells & scales), gas analysis
. Mathematics typically associated with Metrology and calibration functions.
· Familiarization of calibrations associated with lab instruments: pipettes, balances
- Typically requires high school diploma or GED. 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Warehouse responsibilities for shipping and receiving.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and volunteering
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to create quality products and we aim to create a safe environment for our team members. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product or putting anyone at the site in harm's way. You may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More About Us
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Government Affairs and Patients Relations Manager, Vaccines Kuala Selangor, Malaysia Category: Other
- MCR, OBU, LC, Guizhou China, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
- Senior Global Talent Acquisition Coordinator - Europe Zurich, Switzerland Category: Human Resources
- EHS Specialist II Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Environmental Health & Safety
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.