Associate Director Global Regulatory Affairs CMC Established Products (EPIC) - Zurich HybridZurich, Canton of Zurich
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
Global Regulatory Affairs (GRA) develops and executes innovative regulatory strategies to provide life-changing therapies to patients. GRA has a strategic role in all stages of global product development and across the Takeda Enterprise.
At Takeda, we strive to provide transformational opportunities for every member of our team, and we empower our people to take charge of their futures. In an environment that fosters lifelong learning and a growth mindset, you’ll have the support you need to thrive — at work and beyond.
Join Takeda as Associate Director, Global Regulatory Affairs CMC Established Products Inspired Collaboration (EPIC) Lead, where you are accountable for developing and executing on GRA CMC strategies for lifecycle management. You ensure global strategies are implemented across existing portfolio, while ensuring team effectiveness in a complex matrix environment. Reporting to the Head of GRA CMC for MPD, CMC Sourcing and Due Diligence, you partner closely across the organization to influence as a key opinion leader within Takeda.
How you will contribute:
- Independently manage regulatory submissions for assigned compounds for global marketing applications, and post-approval life cycle activities.
- Evaluate change proposals for global regulatory impact and plan global variations and amendments.
- Member of global teams which require experienced interpretation of applicable EMA/FDA/ICH/WHO/Global regulations to ensure global CMC compliance.
- Lead team members that establish CMC content (data and documentation) requirements for regulatory submissions and review content for conformance with established requirement.
- Ensures project team, line management, and key stakeholders are apprised of developments that may impact regulatory success, exercising sound judgement and communicating in a professional and timely manner. Provide solutions to prevent recurrence of issues.
- Interact directly with international Health Authorities. Participate in and facilitate agency meetings.
- Stay up to date with current and evolving regulatory CMC requirements, apply this knowledge to assigned projects, and share experience with others to support their development.
- Maintain constructive relations with essential colleagues, e.g., colleagues within Takeda, Alliance Partners, and Health Authority representatives.
What you bring to Takeda:
- BS/BA Degree in a Scientific Discipline, Advanced Degree preferred.
- 8+ years pharmaceutical Regulatory CMC experience including experience as an RA CMC product lead, or equivalent industry experience (e.g., Pharmaceutical Development, Analytical Development, Production, Quality Assurance).
- Able to develop alternate strategies based on guidance/regulations.
- Experience in liaising with Regulatory Agencies having served as lead in successful Agency Interactions related to CMC submissions and product development meetings. International experience preferred.
- Understanding of scientific principles and regulatory CMC requirements relevant to global drug development and post-market support; application of knowledge to all areas of life-cycle management.
- Ability to deal with issues of critical importance, provides regulatory advice and making reasoned decisions on regulatory issues for which there may not be clear/specific regulatory guidance.
- Able to provide sound strategic advice and enable critical decisions under ambiguity.
- Demonstrate leadership, problem-solving ability, flexibility, and values teamwork.
- Exercise good judgement in elevating and communicating actual or potential issues to line management and presents solutions to those issues.
- Good judgement in elevating and communicating actual or potential issues to line management.
- Builds and maintains a team environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward.
- Expert in CTD authoring and/or review skills throughout the product lifecycle, with a solid understanding of global submission complexities.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately up to 10-30% travel.
Time TypeFull time
The heart of our work
Shining a light on new perspectives
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Global Regulatory Affairs CMC Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- GRA Compliance QMS Summer Intern 2024 Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- Director, GRA CMC Small Molecules Boston, Massachusetts Category: Regulatory Affairs
- Executive Director and Head, CMC Regulatory Affairs - Biologics Boston, Massachusetts Category: Regulatory Affairs
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.