QC StudentWicklow, Leinster
At Takeda, Quality has always been a priority for us, throughout our long history. Today, what we do in Global Quality touches every part of our diverse organization. It’s reflected in our end-to-end Quality Management System that encompasses R&D, Manufacturing & Distribution, Commercial, Vaccines and our BioLife Plasma collection network. When you’re a part of our team, you’ll do meaningful work that makes an impact on the lives of patients. Learn more about us and explore the opportunities to build a remarkable career.
JOB TITLE: QC Student
REPORTS TO: QC Team Leader
The student will gain experience working in a laboratory in a pharmaceutical manufacturing company. Reporting to the QC Team Leader the role of QC Student requires dedication to the principle of cGMP, and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- To observe GLP/cGMP at all time.
- Testing of all laboratory samples including Raw Materials, Packaging Components, Product Validation, Stability, Environmental and OH.
- Performance of laboratory tests as per written procedure or as per pharmacopoeia.
- Recording of analytical results accurately.
- Operation, maintenance and calibration of laboratory instruments.
- To maintain written training records.
- To ensure that the laboratory is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- To report any non-conformance, instrument malfunction, accident or other abnormal occurrence to immediate superior.
- Ordering, receiving and controlling laboratory chemicals, reagents and consumables.
- Receiving and controlling test samples.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business.
- Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the relevant Manager or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Studying towards 3rd Level Degree in Science or other relevant course.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Have good organizational, communication, interpersonal and report writing skills.
- Is adaptable to changing priorities.
Worker Sub-TypePaid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- QC Labortechniker befristet (w/m/d) On Site Orth an der Donau, Austria Category: Quality
- Head of Sterility Assurance Neuchâtel, Switzerland Category: Quality
- Regional Head of Quality, Japan Jūsō-honmachi, Japan Category: Sales and Marketing
- Chemist I (Raw Material) Singapore, Singapore Category: Quality
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.