Maintenance EngineerWicklow, Leinster
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Engineer (Internship)
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Planner
To support and contribute to activities in the Maintenance Department, Technical Services. This brief demands flexibility and cross-functional liaison and co-operation, combined with competent technical ability.
- Work with flexibility within the Maintenance Department and in co-operation with other Departments.
- Contribute to LEAN maintenance best practices within a continuous improvement environment.
- Assist in developing and improving new and existing maintenance routines within a cGMP environment, using the sites computerised maintenance management system.
- Assist in developing a digital mobile platform for the companies CMMS system and developing bar-coding for assets/spare parts.
- Practical support of planning, execution and review of the sites annual maintenance shutdown event.
- Regular reporting of activities to direct line manager and working closely with same to achieve targets / objectives throughout the internship
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all the departments’ customers both internally and across the site.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental training programmes and initiatives. Adhere to safe working practices as set out by the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Maintaining compliance with site procedures and policies.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOPs, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the relevant Manager or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Current participation in an Honors Engineering Degree (or higher), or related, discipline
- Previous experience in an engineering role is advantageous
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative with some guidance.
- Well Motivated.
Worker Sub-TypePaid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Genomics, AI/Data Scientist Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program (TPSAP) Boston, Massachusetts Category: Research & Development
- MCR, OBU, HEMA, Kashgar Kashi Beixicun, China, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
- Statistics and Quantitative Sciences Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.