Head of Employee & Labour Relations ( P.A.G) - Poland, Czechia and Slovakia
Warsaw, Poland; Prague, Czechia; Slovakia
Head of Employee & Labour Relations ( P.A.G) - Poland, Czechia and SlovakiaJob ID R0085822 Date posted Feb. 15, 2023 Location Warsaw, Poland
People First - At Takeda, we are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all people and bringing them the hope of a brighter future. It is our passion that transforms every job into meaningful action. Our people are the heart of Takeda. Our team is growing and for this we need bright minds with creativity and flexibility – what talent do you have?
We are currently hiring for a Head of Employee & Labour Relations (P.A.G) - Poland, Czechia and Slovakia.
This role is accountable for the following Organization Capabilities within Poland, Czechia, and Slovakia and can be remote, in any of these 3 countries, with the possibility to visit the Takeda office as, maybe necessary, required.
- Business Transformation
- Employee Relations
- Labour Relations
- HR Policies and Policy Frameworks
- In Country HR Governance
This position will assist Takeda in its transformation journey within Poland, Czechia and Slovakia across Systems, Processes, and People.
The position is responsible for providing Labour Relations/Employee Relations (LR/ER) advice and guidance, working across all Business Units and functions operating in the country. This includes in partnership with local HR Partner creating and socializing country specific employee policies and handbook creation.
The position is responsible for providing consultative support and management of complex employee relations and investigation cases to employees and managers in partnership with local HR Partners and relevant HRBLs. The scope of the role will include the Takeda Poland, Czechia, and Slovakia Commercial organization.
As a core member of the People Advisory Group community, the role will report to the Regional PAG Leader for Europe, who will help shape the LR/ER agenda and drive business change.
The role will be crucial to help the organization understand and proactively drive people management, with positive and long-term ambition to create exceptional employee experience. Furthermore, be accountable for developing and maintaining the appropriate HR Governance model for Poland, Czechia, and Slovakia.
- Partner within country HR for manufacturing Sites & Commercial to ensure positive labour relations are maintained in the Country
- Work closely with the Multi Country Labour Relations Strategy Leads to ensure strategic coordination
- Provide counsel to HRBL and HRP on complex Labour relations issues, proposing fair, consistent, and timely resolution while ensuring legal compliance and evaluating the risk to the Company
- In line with company plans and in coordination with HRBL, negotiates, prepares and signs agreements with Workers" Council (Wo.Co) and trade unions. Communicates its content to the organization and then takes care of its implementation in all its labour relations and labour law aspects, coordinating with the HRBL, HRP and PS Lead for their implementation.
- Interface with Wo.Co., Trade Unions at country level by defining, in continuous contact with the HRBLs, line managers and employers' associations, communication, and negotiation strategy consistent with company labour relations plans.
- Promotes and coordinates with the HRBL / PS Leads harmonization of wages and benefits at country level to ensure a homogeneous people experience. Takes care of any possible fallout in terms of industrial relations and 2nd level agreements as well as communication to employees
- Lead creation and delivery of processes, tools and trainings related to Labour relations including on matters of labour negotiation (written answers prior to negotiation, info on wage negotiation) and coaching to management and HR partners
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of EU Regulations, Country labour law and tribunal cases.
- Supports HRBL, HRP and PS Lead in management of all labour law issues relating to hiring and leaving, individual and collective, of employees, including all formal acts and any collective and individual agreements in any office.
- Equipped with an adequate power of attorney to represent in each office, is responsible for the management and settlement of disputes, individual and collective, including drafting of deeds and transactions as well as management of relations with internal and external lawyers.
- Set the Local Labour Relations Framework and provide to the BCF community Oversight/Collaboration/ and Best Practices Sharing
- Creation and roll out of Local Education Materials for HR and Business Leaders on Labour Relations
- Attend and influence the make-up of External Enterprise Agreements (e.g., UN Compact, membership in Global Industrial Relations Network, etc.) in collaboration with Core Team
- Develop Labour relations strategy for the country that include activities such as, Implementation of changes to labour agreements, facilitative bargaining.
- Create a Total Reward guide for collective bargaining which includes proposal on wages, working policies, people development and benefits from Takeda
- managing acquisition integration/ divestment communication/consultation etc.
- Attend/contribute central ER/IR forums/meetings
- Accountable for key In Country Employee Relations Processes, E.G Grievance, Discipline, Bullying & Harassment.
- Accountable for ER case management such as Performance improvement counselling, Employee investigations, Involuntary termination documentation, Disciplinary and RIF documentation
- Responsible for ER dashboard action plans
- Investigate complex (escalated) cases, particularly involving senior managers or where the risks are potentially significant, acting as the central point of contact for Ethics & Compliance and Legal on those matters.
- Provide guidance to connect business and employee relations with Takeda people strategy and coutry strategy to drive exceptional employee experience.
- Contribute and be involved into global LR initiatives and activities
Policy Development to enable Employee Experience
- Create Consistent HR Policy Framework and Country HR Policy Suite
- Aligned with global / regional HR guidance, take a lead in developing and define policies that position Takeda competitively in the country E.G. maternity, family care,
- Define by exception local exceptions to country & global policies.
- Create & lead in Country HR governance Process
- Create platform to align HR issues that affect HR Strategy in country or multiple LR/ER impacts across different business units
- Facilitate through the appropriate cadence and operating rhythm alignment and decision-making for in country HR and consultation with Business Leaders on Country Wide HR Topics
LR/ ER communications
- Lead Employee communication after negotiation, in alignment with HRBL, HRP and local GMs
- Oversee HR communication approaches and collaborate with a range of stakeholders to ensure that HR-related messages impacting all BU and Functions are appropriately cascaded including non-global Total Rewards, country wide communications
SKILLS and LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates an ability to deal with ambiguity, balance risks and provide credible advice
- Strong collaboration skills along all relevant stakeholders in HR and the business
- Proven track record in implementing initiatives to drive exceptional employee experience
- Ability to influence cross multiple stakeholder groups and coach leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with background in labour or employment law
- Solid experience in Labour & Employee Relations, ideally in multinational organization
- Sound understanding of EU employment regulations and local country labour law
- Human Resources experience in the health care or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Proficient in the Local Language for interactions with the Work’s councils and / or Unions
- Strong partnership and collaboration focus to create sustainable processes and increase efficiency
Empowering our people to shine
At Takeda, we earn the trust of society and our customers through our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, Perseverance. We incorporate these values in everything we do. They represent who we are and how we act. They help us make decisions that we can be proud of today and in the future. We enable our employees to develop their full potential. As a global top employer, we offer exciting career paths, promote innovation, and strive for top performance in everything we do. Takeda fosters an inclusive, collaborative, and international work environment where our teams are united by their relentless commitment to our goal of improving people's health and creating a better future for the world.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
Takeda is committed to foster diversity, equality, and inclusion. Hiring decisions are based entirely on qualifications and are made regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool! Learn more at takedajobs.com
LocationsWarsaw, PolandCZE - Czech Republic Remote, SVK - Slovakia - Remote
Time TypeFull time
Business Area Overview
The Europe & Canada (EUCAN) Business unit supports Takeda's mission at a regional level and as the leader in rare diseases and specialty care, we champion better health and a brighter future for patients, healthcare providers and our people.
Across the EUCAN BU, patients come first in every decision we make. We develop strategic partnerships which deliver value for society and create a culture within which our people can thrive and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to empower and enable our people to fulfill their potential by embracing diversity and creating a high-performance, collaborative working environment. In the EUCAN region integrity is one of our key values. We put patients, trust and reputation before business and this is one of the main reasons why our people choose to work here.
What makes a successful team member within EUCAN at Takeda?
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.Explore more About Takeda Scoops Global Top Employers® Award
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.Explore more
Europe & Canada Business Unit
Takeda in Europe and Canada (EUCAN) is delivering leading innovations in oncology, gastroenterology and rare diseases to provide better health and a brighter future for patients.Explore more
I know that I need to work in a place where I can grow and be challenged, and what motivates me the most is to make a difference. I think what we offer here at Takeda truly helps patients. And it’s important to bring others along on that journey.Rebecca Yu VP of Patient Value & Access
Believe in your own ability to do the things you want to do. If you do that, things will happen.Heena Howitt Country Medical Lead Genetic Diseases
The faster we help someone get a true diagnosis of their underlying condition, the faster we can offer a treatment that can help them get back to living their life and improve their future outlookChristian Downton Business Unit Director Rare Metabolic Diseases
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
View all Europe & Canada jobsSearch
Key Account Manager GI Serbia
Apply for Key Account Manager GI Serbia Belgrade, Serbia Sales and Marketing
First Line Manager Hereditary Angioedema
Apply for First Line Manager Hereditary Angioedema Madrid, Spain Sales and Marketing
Key Account Manager Immunology (śląskie, dolnośląskie, opolskie, małopolskie)
Apply for Key Account Manager Immunology (śląskie, dolnośląskie, opolskie, małopolskie) Warsaw, Poland, Lodz, Poland Sales and Marketing
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
Would you like to receive relevant opportunities in your inbox as soon as they’re posted?SIGN UP
Are you interested in company news, attending career events, and hearing more from Takeda?Join