Therapeutic Area Lead Baltics / Key Account Manager LithuaniaVilnius, Vilnius
The Europe & Canada (EUCAN) Business unit supports Takeda's mission at a regional level and as the leader in rare diseases and specialty care, we champion better health and a brighter future for patients, healthcare providers and our people.
Across the EUCAN BU, patients come first in every decision we make. We develop strategic partnerships which deliver value for society and create a culture within which our people can thrive and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to empower and enable our people to fulfill their potential by embracing diversity and creating a high-performance, collaborative working environment. In the EUCAN region integrity is one of our key values. We put patients, trust and reputation before business and this is one of the main reasons why our people choose to work here.
Activities and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Therapy Area (TA) Lead role is to provide strategic & operational direction and leadership to the Baltic commercial and cross-functional teams for the assigned therapy area.
KAM is the primary contact between key clients and the company who ensures comprehensive cooperation between all parties.
Accountabilities of TA Lead Baltics
- Provide strategic & operational direction and leadership to the commercial teams as well as relevant cross functional teams.
- Have a deep understanding of respective therapy area and products. Including knowledge of products, product strategy, positioning, key messages, programs, company developments, customers and competitors.
- Provide leadership to the creation of in-line and launch brands for both marketing (brand plan, marketing programs and tactics) and sales (account management plans, awareness programs and tactics) plans to meet agreed product goals and revenues.
- Ensure plans are developed and implemented in conjunction with relevant cross functional teams and aligned with the Global brand strategy and Regional execution guidance. Identify and address Baltic marketing issues/needs quickly and monitor progress.
- Provide input for business reviews in collaboration with relevant cross functional teams.
Accountabilities of KAM Lithuania
- Serve as single point-of contact for account related activities with Health Care Professionals (face of One Takeda) communicating value that Takeda provides to clients.
- Transmits clients voice and needs to the organization and coordinates the required resources within Takeda to respond to them.
- Participation in marketing strategy definition, formulation and execution of account plans focused on fulfilling clients needs and therefore driving maximization of commercial performance.
- Responsible for continuous expansion of his/her knowledge, identifying gaps and new requirements specific for his/her context and addressing them proactively and independently.
- Understand the impact of Takeda’s drugs on patient’s life from diagnosis to hospital consultation and ongoing treatment. Deliver Takeda value proposition informed by patient pathway insight.
- Orchestrates different channels to provide best content for clients.
- Proactively employs creative thinking in order to best meet client needs, continuously strive to identify maximum value for both clients and Takeda.
- Build and apply understanding of customer organizations and networks to develop relationship maps.
- Develop relationships with clients that are perceived as unbiased partnerships with client’s best interests at the forefront instead of commercial transactions.
Area of responsibility
- Ensuring the timely, dedicated and correct performance of the abovementioned duties.
- Ensuring the practicability and efficiency of activities in the designated therapy area in accordance with the established objectives and plans.
- Ensuring compliance with the internal rules of Takeda and the laws and codes governing the pharmaceutical industry within their area of responsibility.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the confidential information of Takeda.
Area covered: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
Education, behavioral competencies and skills
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Product management, sales and marketing competence
- Strong project management skills
- Understands the unmet need of patient
- Balances between the long-term vision while driving the short-term goals
- Ability to work closely with health care professionals and service providers
- High energy levels, perseverance and demonstrated examples of influencing decisions internally and externally without direct authority
- An entrepreneurial mindset combined with solid business acumen:
- Ability to communicate with impact and engage others
Experience and Education
- University degree in health sciences
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience with at least 1 year within a hospital and/or specialty care environment
- Experience in managing customer relationships across the full spectrum of customer types in healthcare industry
- Account management experience
- Healthcare environment knowledge
- Knowledge of oncology and gastroenterology is advantage
- Driving licence required
Time TypeFull time
What makes a successful team member within EUCAN at Takeda?
Takeda named Global Top Employer for seventh consecutive year. Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
About Takeda At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Europe & Canada Business Unit Takeda in Europe and Canada (EUCAN) is delivering leading innovations in oncology, gastroenterology and rare diseases to provide better health and a brighter future for patients.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Lead Key Account Manager Rare Diseases (m/w/d) Berlin, Germany Category: Sales and Marketing
- Alternance Département Finance - Comptabilité et Contrôleur Financier H/F Paris, France Category: Finance
- Regional Business Manager - Alpha-1/Rare Disease - Ontario Toronto, Canada, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
- Brand Manager (m/w/d) Transplant Berlin, Germany Category: Sales and Marketing
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.