Manufacturing Technician II
Social Circle, Georgia
Manufacturing Technician IIJob ID R0104873 Date posted Sep. 19, 2023 Location Social Circle, Georgia
About the role:
As a Manufacturing Technician II, You will execute all processes in production while strictly following cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply. In addition to making routine revisions to documents, you may rewrite complex procedures or initiate new procedures as applicable. You will have enough applied technical knowledge to perform complex trouble shooting tasks and may even assist during the transfer of new technologies into manufacturing. You will have technical and administrative competence to organize and lead production activities, including demonstrating leadership in cGMP compliance, and environmental health and safety skills. You will report to Manufacturing Supervisor.
How you will contribute:
- Prepare buffer solutions.
- Operate Clean-in-Place (CIP) and Clean-out of-Place (COP) systems.
- Assemble and operate filtration systems.
- Operate general production equipment (such as pH and conductivity meters, autoclaves, refractometers).
- Monitor and record important process parameters.
- Complete all relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of production equipment to maintain in GMP fashion.
- Perform sampling using aseptic techniques.
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Receive and distribute supplies into production areas.
- Mentor other team members.
- Write, revise, and review important documentation.
- Work with other groups such as maintenance/metrology to ensure preventative maintenance is done.
- Initiate and coordinate other process improvement projects.
- Help troubleshoot process problems and responding to alarms.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Typically requires high school diploma or GED plus 2+ years of experience or associates' degree or higher and 1+ years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical production equipment including: process tanks, analytical equipment, and CIP/COP systems.
- You must be proficient in multiple mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Work in a team environment.
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- Will stand for extended periods of time over an entire 8 or 12 hour shift.
- Will climb ladders and stairs while wearing special gowning.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and squatting motions to perform certain tasks.
- May work in a confined area.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278
Time TypeFull time
Business Area Overview
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
View All GMS JobsSearch
Apply for Maintenance Manager Round Lake Beach, Illinois Real Estate, Facilities, and Security
Manufacturing Lead Operator
Apply for Manufacturing Lead Operator Los Angeles, California Manufacturing/Production
Senior Process Engineer
Apply for Senior Process Engineer Thousand Oaks, California Engineering
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
Would you like to receive relevant opportunities in your inbox as soon as they’re posted?SIGN UP
Are you interested in company news, attending career events, and hearing more from Takeda?Join