Maintenance Technician IISocial Circle, Georgia
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
About the role:
The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting process and electrical equipment that support the manufacturing process areas. Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), cGMPs, and Quality Standards in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facility are mandatory. Primary responsibilities include ensuring safe and efficient hands-on maintenance of manufacturing and utilities systems including but not limited to WFI, RO, vessels, and components such as pumps, fans, valves,etc.
How you will contribute:
Job Function and Description
- Inspects, repairs and maintains facility structures and equipment as directed by immediate supervisor and/or as assigned through work orders.
- Support the manufacturing floor by aiding in setting up CIPs, COPs and equipment LOTOs.
- Perform preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance through CMMS system.
- Provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of process systems, equipment and equipment components which include but not limited to: valves, pumps, gearboxes, variable frequency drives, utility skids, cleaning equipment, support equipment (lifts, hoists, doors, carts, etc.)
- All work must be completed in accordance with cGMPs, SOPs, job plans, and company policies.
- Develop, revise, and review related SOPs or job plans/work plans for work related areas.
- Provide input in the development and continuous improvement of the maintenance procedures.
- Assist the maintenance supply team with maintaining an up-to-date working spare parts inventory system for the equipment/systems the team is responsible for.
- Ensure that operational log and work order documentation is completed with accurate information.
- Provide support of start-up of new equipment to ensure it meets all mechanical design specifications.
- Develop a basic proficiency in one or more advanced maintenance technology and understand how to apply technology to improve equipment reliability (alignment, balancing, thermography, oil analysis, ultrasound, or vibration monitoring).
- Provide support on start-up of equipment after completion of maintenance activities.
- Provide support during calibrations with LOTO or setting up flow path on manufacturing equipment.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
- Attends required training and meetings.
- Other functions may be assigned.
What you bring to Takeda:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires high school diploma or GED. 2+ years of experience.
- Ideal candidate will have a Trade School Certificate, Demonstrated strong mechanical background/experience, electrical background (up to 480VAC) preferred
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams.
- Ability to seek outside resources as needed.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and job blueprints.
- Troubleshooting knowledge of miscellaneous equipment and process equipment and utilities (water systems, bulk delivery systems)
- Manufacturing equipment vessels, mixers, valves, pumps.
- Have a basic understanding of control system to assist during troubleshooting.
- Understands the concepts of Total Productive Maintenance and Operator Care
Other Job Requirements
- May work in cold, wet environment.
- May be exposed to sunlight and heat.
- May be exposed to dust, gases, and fumes.
- May be around moving equipment and machinery.
- May climb up to and/or into large processing tanks for cleaning or inspection.
- May be working in areas requiring hearing protection and/or other protective equipment (PPE).
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids and buffers that may require respiratory protection (PPE).
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, either day or nights.
- May be required to work or be assigned to a different shift as needed.
- This position requires weekend and holiday work.
- Overtime may be required.
- May be required to frequently kneel, stand, and walk to inspect, evaluate, and/or perform described maintenance activities.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Director, Global Supply Planning Bannockburn, Illinois, Cambridge, Massachusetts Category: Supply Chain
- Vérvételi asszisztens (Nyíregyháza) Nyíregyháza, Hungary Category: Plasma Management
- Lehre Mechatronik - Speicherprogrammierbare Steuerung Linz, Austria Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- 2024 Summer Internship - Biotherapeutics Process Development Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.