Engineering Manager (Maintenance)Social Circle, Georgia
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
About the role:
The Engineering Manager will oversee maintenance for all production and process equipment in the Fractionation and IG Buildings at the Covington Facility. This includes daily maintenance and operational support, shutdown scheduling and vendor management. You will implement reliability centered maintenance and TPM for all process systems, including OEE and other reliability metrics. You will oversee operational, maintenance and troubleshooting support for process area improvements through strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and cGMP's in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facility. You will report to the Engineering Manager at our Social Circle, GA site.
How you will contribute:
- Responsible for the daily activities of Maintenance Team Supervisors.
- Manager will also be on-call to respond to plant-wide emergencies and manufacturing needs.
- Ensure completion of daily Work Orders (WO) and Preventative Maintenance (PM) work..
- Maintain Operations Maintenance performance metrics for site-wide publication
- Communicate with production and planning counterparts to ensure needs are met.
- Coordinate the workflow and documentation of PMs and WOs
- Review procedures and update them.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through adherence to safety policies.
- Responsible for system repairs, upkeep, maintenance and operations managed within regulating agencies such as OSHA
- Stay current with assigned SOPs and keep an up-to-date training file ensuring compliance with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure all mandatory training requirements are met, including annual EHS training, GMP refresher training and any applicable training requirements
- Maintain an ongoing two-way performance dialogue with Sr. Manager and meet timelines for completing all mid and year-end reviews and development plans for self and direct reports.
- Demonstrate progress for increasing job knowledge and proficiency in technical understanding/problem resolution.
- Communicate any concerns related to safe work practices, hostile work environment, sexual harassment or any other type of employee misconduct directly to the supervisor, manager or human resources.
- May perform other duties.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires B.S. degree in Engineering with 5+ years of applicable experience.
- You will have experience in pharmaceutical industry, demonstrated mechanical experience, electrical background (up to 480VAC) preferred
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Must be knowledgeable concerning the operation and maintenance of multiple process systems including Tanks/Vessels, Agitators, Filtration systems, Centrifuges, Chromatography, CIP, Filling, Packaging, and Environmental Storage Chambers.Have a knowledge of utility equipment, using blueprints, equipment manuals, specifications, standard operating procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of hazardous chemicals and their disposal, OSHA and FDA requirements.
- Demonstrate progress concerning increasing job knowledge and proficiency in technical understanding/problem resolution.
- Display a positive, professional and customer-oriented attitude.
- Be accountable for results and integrity.
- Work with peers/teams.
- Seek outside resources.
- Ability to understand schematics and job blueprints.
- Troubleshoot knowledge of miscellaneous equipment and process equipment and utilities (water systems, bulk delivery systems)
- Have a basic understanding of control system to help troubleshoot.
- Understand the concepts of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Operator Care
Other Job Requirements
- May work in cold, wet environment.
- May experience sunlight and heat.
- May be exposed to dust, gasses, and fumes.
- May be around moving equipment and machinery.
- May climb up to and/or into large processing tanks for cleaning or inspection.
- May work in areas requiring hearing protection and/or other protective equipment (PPE).
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids and buffers that may require respiratory protection (PPE).
- May work during off hours, weekends and holidays.
- May kneel, stand, and walk to inspect described maintenance activities.
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More About Us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Genomics, AI/Data Scientist Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program (TPSAP) Boston, Massachusetts Category: Research & Development
- MCR, OBU, HEMA, Kashgar Kashi Beixicun, China, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
- Statistics and Quantitative Sciences Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.