Calibration Technician IISocial Circle, Georgia
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
About the role:
The Calibration Technician II will perform maintenance, installation, troubleshooting, calibration and repair of a variety of circuits, components, analytical equipment, controls and instruments for laboratory and manufacturing equipment. This role is located in Social Circle, GA.
How you will contribute:
• Follow sequence of testing from calibration procedures for instruments and equipment and ensure all tasks are performed in compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures. Also, you will prepare technical reports, perform trending on equipment and processes, and determine acceptability of product and processes based on data analysis and specification.
• Help with outside audits for vendors in contract calibration laboratories.
• Create equipment file for each piece test/manufacturing equipment requiring calibration.
• Set up standards and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
• Assist engineers in evaluation plans and procedures, to maintain accuracy of measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment.
• Investigate failures and instruments that are out of tolerance, and determine acceptability of product and processes. Help prepare documentation of investigation findings.
• Helps develop and implement technically defensible calibration procedures and new instruments being considered at the Facility.
• Develop relationships with customers with the concept that metrology is a service provider to the customer.
• Coordinate the assigned activities and schedules of calibrations throughout the facility, including routine and non-routine work.
• Make scientific judgments related to instrumentation.
• Must have knowledge of Metrology concepts, including accuracy, precision and uncertainty. Can deal with moderately complex processes.
• Demonstrate the ability to work and work with personnel of all levels and participate in a team environment.
• Reads and understands P&IDs and advanced understanding of instrumentation, process and controls.
• Must have basic knowledge of PLC and digital based control systems and their instrumentation interfaces.
• Can work unsupervised and demonstrate judgments and initiative in problem resolution.
• Mathematical proficiency and be able to plan and complete assigned activities.
- High School Diploma or GED required. 2+ years of experience in a calibration role.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and volunteering
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
• Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
• Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
• Work in a cold, wet environment.
• Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours.
• Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More About Us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Genomics, AI/Data Scientist Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program (TPSAP) Boston, Massachusetts Category: Research & Development
- MCR, OBU, HEMA, Kashgar Kashi Beixicun, China, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
- Statistics and Quantitative Sciences Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.