Process Engineer Drug Product (m/f/d)Singen (Hohentwiel), Baden-Württemberg
Vaccines prevent 2 to 3 million deaths each year and have transformed global public health. For the past 70 years, Takeda has supplied vaccines to protect the health of people in Japan. Today, Takeda's global vaccine business is applying innovation to tackle some of the world's most challenging infectious diseases, such as dengue, COVID-19, Zika and norovirus. Takeda’s team brings an outstanding track record and a wealth of knowledge in vaccine development, manufacturing and global access to advance a pipeline of vaccines to address some of the world's most pressing public health needs.
Are you looking for a patient-oriented, innovation-driven company that inspires you and promotes your career? Then take your future in your hands and become part of Takeda as a
Process Engineer Drug Product (m/f/d)
In this role you will work in an international team on exciting technical topics related to the global production of vaccines
Your main responsibilities:
- Manage technical aspects related to global drug product manufacturing within the Vaccines Technical Operations scope.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for current and upcoming commercial manufacturing sites in the global Takeda vaccines manufacturing network.
- Initiate and oversee change both internally and externally, ensuring the implementation and maintenance of state-of-the-art technology and harmonization of cross-site processes.
- Provide technical leadership in resolving product line-related technical issues and major technical projects within Technical Operations.
- Offer technical oversight, troubleshooting, and support for activities across the vaccines manufacturing network.
- Act as the primary interface on technical matters between Technical Operations and drug product manufacturer sites.
- Lead the resolution of technical issues related to Change Controls, investigations, and CAPAs, supporting Health Authority Inspections.
- Collaborate with Development and Site Operations & Engineering Teams for process/product technology transfers to meet strategic growth initiatives.
- Coordinate and manage risk assessments, developing innovative solutions to complex issues requiring a high degree of ingenuity and creativity.
- Provide process support for the engineering, qualification, and validation of new and existing vaccine drug product manufacturing facilities/processes, including fill finish and visual inspection, in compliance with global regulatory requirements.
- Support technology transfer from process development to cGMP manufacturing and site transfers of commercial manufacturing processes, ensuring alignment with global demand forecasts.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutical Engineering, or related field.
- 2-5 years (Bachelor's) or 1-4 years (Master's) experience in cGMP commercial drug product manufacturing in biopharmaceuticals.
- Proficient in Quality roles and use of Quality Management tools.
- Advantageous to have experience in vaccines and external manufacturing.
- Scientific and technical expertise in single-use materials, formulation processes, aseptic filling, isolator technology, validation, lyophilization, and visual inspection.
- Highly flexible for diverse projects and tasks, from complex topics to administrative duties.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix environment with internal teams and external partners.
- Direct interaction or experience with regulatory agencies is a plus.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of German is a plus.
In this position you will report to the Associate Director, Technical Operations VBU.
Attractive and competitive salary
Open-minded and modern working environment
Hybrid working model
30 vacation days
Company pension plan
Further education and training
Travel allowance for public transport
Subsidized sports programs
Supplementary nursing care insurance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Referral Program
Deferred compensation as desired
Global Wellbeing Program
Employee Recognition Program
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
In Singen around 1,000 employees specialize in the production of liquid, semi-solid and freeze-dried pharmaceuticals. In November 2019, we inaugurated our first dengue vaccine factory worldwide here. Singen is located at the beautiful Lake Constance in Baden-Württemberg.
How we will support you:
Takeda is proud of its commitment to create a diverse workforce and to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity, please feel free to let us know so that we can provide you with appropriate support during the application process.
Time TypeFull time
What makes a successful team member within Vaccines at Takeda?
Vaccines represent a new dimension of global impact — successful leadership at Takeda can be encompassed in these four pillars:
Demonstrating strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients and build trust, reputation and business
Creating the environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward
Focusing on the few priorities and delivers superior results
Elevating the capabilities of the organization for now and the future
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Schichtleiter (m/w/d) Singen (Hohentwiel), Germany Category: Manufacturing/Production
- QA GMP Supervisor DS (m/w/d) Singen (Hohentwiel), Germany Category: Quality
- Validation Engineer (m/w/d) Singen (Hohentwiel), Germany Category: Manufacturing/Production
- Mechaniker (m/w/d) Singen (Hohentwiel), Germany Category: Manufacturing/Production
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.