Automation Engineer IISingapore, Singapore
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Takeda's Singapore biologics manufacturing facility focuses on manufacturing potentially life-saving medicines for patients suffering from rare blood disorders such as Hemophilia A and B. As part of the company’s Biologics Operating Unit network, the site is Takeda’s only biologics drug substance manufacturing facility in Asia. The facility has two buildings, including manufacturing suites and laboratories, as well as Takeda’s first positive energy building certified by Singapore’s Building and Construction Authority’s Green Mark scheme in 2022.
Job Title: Automation Engineer II
Location: Woodlands, Singapore
About the role:
- Automation Engineer II is recognized within Takeda as SME to be personnel for the Singapore Biologics manufacturing facility with respect to some of the Automation and Control activities. In this role, he/she is supporting the Process and Facility Automation activities within the Site Engineering function.
- This position reports into the Automation Manager at the Singapore manufacturing site. Automation Engineer II is an integral member of the Automation Team whose results might impact project/program completion. He / she also interact closely and proposed options to the various functions within Singapore facility to ensure that all automation and control activities are delivered to support reliable and robust operations.
- Automation Engineer II coordinates, supports and executes all automation activities result in fit for purpose assets which meet the business requirements (safety, functionality, capacity, capability, reliability) in a timely and cost-effective manner.
How you will contribute:
- Works on many phases or sub-tasks of project or entire projects of moderate complexity
- Represents Automation in working meeting providing technical advice on the fulfillment of production targets and operational effectiveness
- Plans projects or subtasks so that they may be tracked and presented
- Implements complex changes or modifications
- Provides out-of-hours technical support to address and rectify technical issues and queries per rotational basis
- Provides systems training for end-users
- Investigates and provides support on complex issues. Escalates to the Senior Engineers if the need arises due to the complexity of the issues
- Adheres to the budget
- Supports Audit request with general supervision from Sr Engineers and Manager
- Complies with and suggests improvements to quality related documents of the department. (e.g. SOP´s, CAPAs, Change Controls, Specifications etc.
- Supports activities that will ensure the integrity of quality related electronic data within the systems.
- Coordinates, supports and executes (if needed) necessary spares management, routines, preventive and corrective maintenance plan in consideration of the production schedule
- Responsibility to adhere to any applicable EHS requirements.
- Commitment to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behavior in accordance with Takeda’s Code of Conduct.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
What you bring to Takeda:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Relevant degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computing, or Mechatronic)
- Min. 2 years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry(preferred)
- Min. 3 years of experience in good engineering practice, process automation and maintenance
- Experience in process automation projects (preferred)
- Experience in establishing communication within different system (preferred)
Key Skills and Competencies:
Advance knowledge in any of the following:
Siemens PLC/ Step 7
Siemens PCS7/ Step7/ WinCC/ Batch/ Route Control
OSI PI system and architecture
Wonderware, Schneider Electric
Hardware configuration and software coding
cGMP, GAMP, ISA 95, S88, FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ and Life Cycle management of computerized system
IT knowledge for Server/Client and Infrastructure
Electrical, instrumentations and control knowledge
Good communication skills for both written and spoken.
Able to give effective presentations to general audiences and write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for Automation related topics
Ability to work productively with vendors.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsSGP - Singapore - Woodlands
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Production Engineer I - Albumin & Fractionation Social Circle, Georgia Category: Manufacturing/Production
- Manager or Staff, Process Chemist, API Manufacturing Sciences, Hikari Plant Hikari, Japan Category: Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 計測機器校正技術者 Hikari, Japan Category: Engineering
- Territory Business Manager - Alpha I - Minnesota/North Dakota/South Dakota Minnesota, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.