Research Associate I, GI DDUSan Diego, California
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
At Takeda, we strive to provide transformational opportunities for every member of our team, and we empower our people to take charge of their futures. In an environment that fosters lifelong learning and a growth mindset, you’ll have the support you need to thrive — at work and beyond.
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Research Associate I where you will perform Molecular Biology techniques like RNA isolation and qRTPCR as well as in vitro assays (Luminescence-based and Meso scale ELISA). You will also support ongoing and future cell culture experiments to support drug discovery projects for liver disease and will work in an animal related research environment, record keeping of data, and inventory of sample and cell banks. As part of the, Liver Research team you will report to the Scientist II and work with Gastroenterology Drug Discover Unit (GI DDU).
How you will contribute:
- With support, perform a wide range of assigned research experiments with efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail (e.g. selects methods, troubleshoots routine procedures).
- Maintain responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies.
- Maintain good records.
- Maintain consistent, reproducible, high-quality cell cultures.
- Perform routine RNA isolation and generating gene expression data from human and animal samples.
- BS degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent
- Perform routine in vitro / ex vivo lab assignments and protocols (qPCR, ELISA).
- Technical experience in tissue culture.
- Conduct functional cell-based assays and will also include in vitro / ex vivo quantitative analyses of tissue and serum specimens from pre-clinical efficacy.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of immunological assays and analysis methods, including but not limited to single and multiplex ELISA, PCR.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs of a dynamic lab.
- Understand specific scientific mechanisms of why a procedure works.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range: $54,600.00 to $78,000.00, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsSan Diego, CA
Time TypeFull time
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- 2024 Summer Internship - High-Throughput Analytics Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- Lab Assistant - R&D Comparative Medicine Boston, Massachusetts Category: Real Estate, Facilities, and Security
- Specialist, Manufacturing Science and Analytical Technology - Cell Therapy Boston, Massachusetts Category: Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Scientist, Manufacturing Science and Analytical Technology - Cell Therapies Boston, Massachusetts Category: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.