Associate Director, Computational ChemistrySan Diego, California
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
At Takeda, we strive to provide transformational opportunities for every member of our team, and we empower our people to take charge of their futures. In an environment that fosters lifelong learning and a growth mindset, you’ll have the support you need to thrive — at work and beyond.
TITLE: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY
- As the ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of Medicinal Chemists, Computational Chemists, Structural biologists, Pharmacologists and Biologists to provide Computational expertise to advance drug discovery projects.
- You will contribute to drug discovery efforts across various modalities including small molecules, bifunctional degraders, peptides, RNA/oligonucleotides, and biologics.
- You will implement and execute innovative computational methodologies and tools such as AI approaches to support drug discovery efforts.
- Responsible for visibility and representation of Computational Chemistry Accomplishments to Takeda executive team.
- Demonstrate expert understanding of computational chemistry principles and their application within a multidisciplinary drug discovery environment.
- Identify, develop, validate, and implement innovative computational approaches that improve research productivity and success.
- Provide important technical knowledge and input to project teams to drive decision making in drug discovery projects.
- Manage and mentor a Strong team of Computational Chemists to high productivity levels
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
- Strong expertise in a variety of computational tools and methodologies including Docking, Virtual screening, Molecular dynamics, Free energy perturbation, Homology modeling, Quantum mechanics, Pharmacophore elucidation, Data mining, Cheminformatics, Clustering, Similarity & Diversity analysis.
- 10+ years of strong Industry experience contributing as Computational Chemist on Pharma projects.
- Strong Impact on progressing Discovery Projects from Hits to Clinical Leads
- Strong knowledge & experience in using a variety of tools for Hit ID
- Provide project teams with computational strategies to inform, influence, and prioritize compound designs for potency/selectivity and improve ADME/Tox endpoints.
- Contribute to the design, development and deployment of AI platforms to impact drug discovery.
- Identify and implement novel computational chemistry algorithms, technologies, and workflows.
- Strong Proficiency with state of the art Computational chemistry software.
- Proficiency in scientific scripting and programming languages
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a Computational Chemistry with 10+ years experience in Pharma/Biotech
- 10+ years of Industry experience including 2+ years in leadership roles and mentoring direct reports is required
Base Salary Range: $143,500 to $205,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsSan Diego, CA
Time TypeFull time
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- 2024 Summer Internship - High-Throughput Analytics Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- Lab Assistant - R&D Comparative Medicine Boston, Massachusetts Category: Real Estate, Facilities, and Security
- Specialist, Manufacturing Science and Analytical Technology - Cell Therapy Boston, Massachusetts Category: Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Scientist, Manufacturing Science and Analytical Technology - Cell Therapies Boston, Massachusetts Category: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.