Maintenance Supervisor - NightsRound Lake Beach, Illinois
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor - Nights
Location: Round Lake, IL
About the role:
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees the proper operation and maintenance of all mixing, filling, and packaging equipment. The supervisor oversees the daily management of people and resources associated with the equipment maintenance organization. You will embrace and guide as a Lean culture and coordinates activities to ensure production uptime. The supervisor provides feedback to employees, plans maintenance activities, and takes action to improve department performance. You will develop standard operating procedures while ensuring equipment is clean and running properly.
How you will contribute:
- Provides guidance, and leadership through positive interactions with all employees during daily operations.
- Supervise the daily production, scheduling, material management, compliance, training, and auditing activities – to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards.
- Interview, hire, and train team members.
- Help set clear performance objectives and individual development plans.
- Oversee parts ordering, to ensure adequate spare parts are ordered.
- Ensure production lines are running during planned production time.
- Ensuring the proper Preventative Maintenance plans are in place, all associated tasks are included and accountable for ensuring they are completed.
- Develop and implement training programs, motivate your team to improve maintenance tasks.
- Inspire creativity, continuous improvement and is accountable for the inclusion of new PMs and optimization of existing PMs.
- SME for manufacturing equipment preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance strategies.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, organization, output and safety of the plant's equipment and all areas of the Maintenance shops.
- Point out unsafe conditions, practices to others, and ensure closure or issues.
- Responsible for and accountable for advanced scheduling of PMs to maintain a 100% completion record.
- Promote cost reduction, discard reduction, annual productivity improvements, inventory turnover, regulatory excellence including deviation ownership for both engineering and maintenance.
- Maintain the performance and maintenance of all equipment operation.
- Provide a very high level of troubleshooting diagnoses and repair.
- Must become familiar with plant SOPs, Procedures, Critical System, corporate specifications and local GMP practices.
- Partner with maintenance manager and engineering to analyze mechanical and electrical problems and work to resolve the issues and improve uptime.
- Initiate work orders and PMs for equipment when it becomes apparent that additional work is required to maintain equipment reliability and efficiency.
- Based on historical observation, you will note repeat problems, breakdowns, or alarms and initiate work orders or engineering requests to resolve reoccurring issues.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment.
- Lead large maintenance projects, complete on time, high quality and within budget.
- Understand electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic drawings. Make changes to engineering drawings and complete change control documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Understand regulatory and safety requirements.
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level.
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes..
- Respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
What you bring to Takeda:
- High School Diploma or GED plus 6+ years of related experience OR Bachelors' degree in science, engineering or other related technical field and 3+ years of related experience. Some leadership experience preferred for Supervisor role.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Will work overnight shift; 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM 2-2-3 rotation.
- Will carry up to 40lbs, lift up to 50lbs, push/pull up to 75lbs (with assistance of material handling equipment).
- Extended work hours may be required based on business need.
- In general, you will do a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Will stand and walk for an extended period over an 8–12-hour shift between rooms and across the site.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and squatting motions to perform certain tasks.
- Repetitive motions with hands, wrists, turning head, bending at knees and waist.
- Indoor working conditions
- Will work around moving equipment and machinery.
- May work in confined spaces/areas.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions. (Applies to roles in Filling Department only)
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- May work in a cold, hot or wet environment.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- Must adhere to all plant safety rules and direct others in the proper application of plant safety.
- Will work on multiple shifts, including weekends and holidays, to support a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Must be able to work non-traditional work hours or work extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and the best patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Technicien.ne Production DSP Neuchâtel, Switzerland Category: Manufacturing/Production
- Technicien.ne Production DSP Neuchâtel, Switzerland Category: Manufacturing/Production
- Key Account Manager, Oncology, Hong Kong Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR Category: Sales and Marketing
- MCR, OBU, LC, Huhhot Hohhot, China, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.