Financial Controller (Fixed term contract - 3 years duration)Prague, Hlavní město Praha
The Europe & Canada (EUCAN) Business unit supports Takeda's mission at a regional level and as the leader in rare diseases and specialty care, we champion better health and a brighter future for patients, healthcare providers and our people.
Across the EUCAN BU, patients come first in every decision we make. We develop strategic partnerships which deliver value for society and create a culture within which our people can thrive and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to empower and enable our people to fulfill their potential by embracing diversity and creating a high-performance, collaborative working environment. In the EUCAN region integrity is one of our key values. We put patients, trust and reputation before business and this is one of the main reasons why our people choose to work here.
- Deliver performance objectives in line with Takeda’s PTRB priorities
- Key person providing financial support for Takeda CZ and Takeda SK, responsible for reporting standards, statutory accounting and controlling
- Will lead, participate and support projects within finance and effectively collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams globally to exceed financial and business objectives
- Will direct the finance business partners on accounting standards as well as internal controls and will be the link between the corporate finance functions including Shared Services, Corporate Controllers Group, Tax, Treasury, Internal audit, the local finance team and external auditors
- Ensure compliance to financial and local requirements, ensure robust system of Internal Controls and Risk Management is in place, accountable for external audit outcomes.
- Works in a continuous improvement approach in seeking efficiency but also sustainable business and internal controls framework, embedding Takeda’s Values and Behaviors in a Stewardship-inspired mindset
- Coordinate the month, quarter and year end close activities with Takeda Business Solutions (Shared Services) and the local FP&A team support.
- Manage Balance sheet reviews
- Lead profitability analytics and forecasting in liaison with global tax and external tax support
- Review statutory accounts, Government statistics and submissions, Corporate tax
- Lead and coordinate all activities, processes and systems ensuring generally accepted accounting standards are applied across the financial departments and are adhered to in the preparation of all financial statements and reports
- Provide accounting advice and guidance to Czech / Slovak Finance team
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes to increase finance effectiveness
- Supports overall SOX and Internal controls especially in the area of controllership
- Effectively guide and collaborate with Finance and multiple cross-functional teams through business integration
- Ensure tight connection with Credit Management local and remote, aligning on closing activities, bad debt, credit-related judgmental provisioning
- Responsible for accuracy, completeness and integrity of Takeda CZ/SK financials.
- Liaise with compliance, internal and external audit partners
- Key user for respective Takeda systems
- Other related duties as assigned
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Learning Agility & Growth mindset
- Looks for the best opportunities in work to build skills that align with current and future development needs
- Actively seeks information and help from all levels of employees across the organization
- Reflects on work experiences and how to apply the lessons learned from past experiences into current and future work
Cross functional collaboration
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional and virtual teams
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Establish credible and long-lasting professional relationships and has personal impact through engaging respectfully and professionally
Self-starter & entrepreneurial mindset
- Shows initiative beyond what is assigned
- Identifies and creates new opportunities based on novel ideas
- Focus on personal accountability and ownership – constantly challenging oneself to take responsibility for continuous performance improvement and operational excellence
- Highly motivated and self-directed with ability to think innovatively & strategically, skillfully plan, manage, and prioritize multiple projects independently; demonstrates resilience and flexibility
Results & Stakeholders oriented
- Execute efficiently the identified key activities and actions.
- Can do mentality
- Able to anticipate stakeholders needs and is accountable and responsible to create value for them
Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage challenging conversations and handle objections
- Able to proactively interact and influence stakeholders to generate relevant content
- Effective listening skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Extensive finance expertise, to ensure financial compliance (SOX), risk management, and Tax and Statutory compliance coordinating with relevant stakeholders (TBS, Tax, Treasury)
- Controlling skills with thorough understanding of Financial accounting & controlling
- Strong people and organizational development skills, sponsoring and leading individual and organizational development and best in class mindset
Experience and Education
- University degree (Economy, Finance, Financial mathematics)
- Accountancy qualifications
- Min. 4 years of experience in Finance role (accounting, controlling)
- Understanding of finance processes and accounting
- Hands on analytical skills
- Proven record in building and maintaining trust relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- English B2+
- MS Office advanced (mainly Excel).
LocationsPrague, Czech Republic
Worker Sub-TypeFixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time TypeFull time
What makes a successful team member within EUCAN at Takeda?
A Global Top Employer Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
About Takeda At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Europe & Canada Business Unit Takeda in Europe and Canada (EUCAN) is delivering leading innovations in oncology, gastroenterology and rare diseases to provide better health and a brighter future for patients.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Patient Safety Lead (6-months contract) Toronto, Canada Category: Drug Safety
- Therapeutic Area Lead Baltics / Key Account Manager Lithuania Vilnius, Lithuania Category: Sales and Marketing
- Key Account Manager Gastroenterology Petah Tikva, Israel Category: Sales and Marketing
- Key Account Manager Neuroscience (m/w/d) Berlin, Germany Category: Sales and Marketing
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.