Sr Mgr Supply Chain- Planning LeadLexington, Massachusetts
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
At Takeda, we exist to create better health for people and a brighter future for the world. While we continually evolve science and technology, our ambition remains steadfast — we move science forward so we can transform more lives. The Global Development Office (GDO) maintains a laser focus on Study Management and Site Engagement, Clinical Trial Innovation, Clinical Supply Chain and Patient Safety to ensure absolute quality and enable the predictable delivery of our innovative pipeline.
Through its collaborative process, the GDO team leverages data, digital and analytics to improve speed, quality, performance and predictability within every area of clinical development. We’re building a platform to visualize operational data and enable predictive analytics, while leveraging digital technologies to support clinical supply chain and patient safety. GDO also partners with external organizations and leading academic institutions, such as MIT, to spark innovation in AI and Machine Learning focused on better patient outcomes.
At the heart of GDO are our people: we are committed to building a more diverse, equitable and inclusive culture not only within our own walls and our communities, but also across our clinical trials. It is our passion for people that transforms our work into meaningful action. Come join a team that has earned trust for more than two centuries and advances transformative therapies with honesty, integrity and fairness.
- Under the direction of the Planning Team Lead, the Sr, Mgr, Planning Lead is responsible for Clinical Supply delivery in support of Takeda’s R&D Global Clinical Trials and other supportive research or development needs.
- Responsible for developing end to end supply plan for innovative medicines in clinical development. The Sr, Mgr, Planning Lead will attend clinical project meetings to gather relevant information, translating clinical trial protocol information into a study supply plan, forecast study product requirements, interacting and negotiation with key project stakeholders to provide delivery timelines and budget.
- Maintains enterprise view of clinical supply chain connecting CMC, clinical operations, and commercial manufacturing perspectives across the development portfolio.
- Responsible for scenario planning, clinical supply recommendations, and risk mitigation through detailed insight of supply and demand issues for programs of high strategic importance, high cost, and/or under constrained supply.
- The Senior Mgr, Planning Lead will be a primary Interface between clinical supply stakeholders, including Clinical Operations, Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS), GMS, Clinical Supplies operations and Quality Assurance.
- Provides input into Interactive Response Technology (IRT) design for randomization, supplying drug to depots and sites.
- Interfaces with Pharmaceutical Sciences group to ensure that trial supplies are appropriately supported and that appropriate stability programs are in-progress, and/or appropriate expiry dating exists.
- Works closely with Logistics function to pro-actively plan, document, and facilitate global cross-border supply strategies, including requirements associated with controlled substances, compliance to global trade standards, and in-country investigational product regulatory requirements for delivery of product to final destinations.
- Develop Operational Supply Plans for portfolio of development products both internal and acquired through external partnerships. Oversee forecast planning and inventory management of all relevant investigational medicines and comparators for portfolio, leading in matrix of SMEs spanning Takeda supply chain, Takeda pharmaceutical sciences organizations and external partners.
- Lead operational feasibility assessment, scenario analysis and risk mitigation for new clinical protocols, representing the clinical supply chain to global PS teams and global program teams.
- Develop and maintain detailed clinical supply models for complex supply scenarios which provides a study baseline against which to monitor assumptions and inventories of finished goods in ongoing clinical trials.
- Lead establishment of enterprise approach to supply/demand modelling, risk identification, and scenario planning for clinical supply chain, lead cross functional planning teams to respond to unplanned events. Develop supply options, facilitate decision making, and communicate updated manufacturing and supply plans to all impacted stakeholders.
- Responsible for execution of Operational Supply Plan throughout development lifecycle, identifying leading indicators of supply risk and escalating through PS Lead and GPL to course correct.
- Liaise among Clinical Operations, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Procurement disciplines in planning and managing appropriate levels of CTM and comparator supply in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilizes the ClinApps Clinical Supplies Management Database (CSMD) for clinical labeling approval, to request packaging/labeling/distribution jobs, to manage inventory, shipments, and drug return activities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Engineering, Management other scientific/technical degree, or significant job related experience.
- 6+ years relevant Pharmaceutical Industry and/or Contract Provider experience is preferred.
- Experience with Medical Devices a plus.
- Strong understanding of cGMP requirements
- Proficiency in computer software applicable to IRT, Excel and MS Project or equivalent project management software is a plus
- Ability to influence stakeholders from many technical disciplines and at many levels.
- Ability to apply multiple lenses to analyze and represent complex interdependencies, scenarios, and tradeoffs.
Base Salary Range: $130,200 to $186,000 Range . Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
The heart of our work
Shining a light on new perspectives
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Manager, Diversity & Inclusion in Clinical Trials Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Global Development Office
- Senior Manager, Study Site Engagement Petah Tikva, Israel, Remote Category: Global Development Office
- Associate Director or Manager, Clinical Operations Japan/ 日本開発センター 臨床開発部 主席部員または課長代理 Osaka, Japan Category: Global Development Office
- Study Site Engagement Lead Sydney, Australia Category: Global Development Office
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.