Senior Maintenance MechanicLexington, Massachusetts
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Lexington, MA (USA)
About the role:
You will be responsible for efficient and reliable operations of the process and utility systems and equipment within your responsibilities. This is a fully onsite position that works Wednesday-Saturday 6pm-7am, and reports to the Facilities Supervisor.
How you will contribute:
- Cover assigned shift and be available for rotational assignment, ensuring operational readiness of the plant working with peers and ensuring deficiencies are resolved with finality a safe work environment is maintained through adherence to safety guidelines and policies.
- Monitor contractors on assigned shift to ensure compliance with procedures and policies and ensure quality of work, provide in-house expertise, and ensure communication and transfer of important information to other maintenance personnel and impacted groups.
- Maintain cross boundary relationships with supervisors and leads to ensure plant communication and equipment readiness and coordinate maintenance activities.
- Coordinate release and acceptance of Plant equipment and systems according to current maintenance procedures and practices.
- Monitor the operation of building systems, documents operational conditions and respond to abnormal conditions or alarming by coordinating and documenting appropriate corrective follow up measures.
- Support or perform troubleshooting and planned or corrective maintenance on utility and process systems.
- Make recommendations to maintenance management and oversee decisions on operations, maintenance, and equipment performance and design improvements.
- Work with validation specialists, contractors, supply vendors, and engineering to support calibration, maintenance, engineering, and repair activities ensuring that work is performed following established procedure.
- Support 24/7 Plant operations, handle emergencies on process equipment, perform daily logs, alarm reports, building inspections, perform operations-based preventative maintenance, document work performed in compliance with GMP records.
- Evaluate equipment performance and recommend improvements to Maintenance Program and System Design.
What you bring to Takeda:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated abilities or training in repair, operations, and troubleshooting of electromechanical process equipment and utility systems in Bio-Pharmaceutical, petrochemical or packaging industries.
- Competency in maintaining and reviewing facilities related cGMP documentation.
- Have or be able to obtain a Wastewater Treatment Grade 1I or higher within the first year of employment.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan.
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings.
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions.
- Family Planning Support.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours,.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- Climb ladders, reach, bend, and lift loads up to 50 lbs.
- Travel between Shire Sites.
- Required to carry cell phone or other mobile device and to be on call to support Manufacturing processes.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
#GMSGQ #ZR1 #LI-MA1 #LI-Onsite
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - MA - Lexington - BIO OPS
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Genomics, AI/Data Scientist Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program (TPSAP) Boston, Massachusetts Category: Research & Development
- MCR, OBU, HEMA, Kashgar Kashi Beixicun, China, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
- Statistics and Quantitative Sciences Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.