Manufacturing AssociateLexington, Massachusetts
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Job Title: Manufacturing Associate
Location: Alewife / Lexington, MA (USA)
About the role:
As the Manufacturing Associate, you will perform routine and critical manufacturing operations, including work functions in Cell Culture, Purification, Solution & Equipment Prep areas. You will operate production equipment according to standard operating procedures (SOP's) for producing clinical and/or commercial products. You will report to the Supervisor, Manufacturing.
How you will contribute:
- Carry out cGMP manufacturing operations using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Batch Records and Form Preps.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic process related issues including recognizing and escalating deviations
- Execution of critical and routine activities to support production.
- Perform Batch Record, Logbook and Form Prep requests.
- Enter data in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) , or MODA other business systems
- Review GMP documentation.
- Sample preparation and testing.
- Identify changes needed to documentation.
- Participate in tiered visual management system and support CI initiatives
- Manage equipment and support facility related projects including initiating work orders, assembly and disassembly of process equipment, perform scheduled cleaning and standardization of equipment.
- Support change over activities and execution of equipment and process qualifications and validation.
- May perform as a subject matter expert for equipment or systems.
- Identify process deviations, troubleshoots issues and identifies process improvements.
- May require interaction with equipment, technical and supply item vendors.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Requires a high school diploma and 0-2 years related industry experience or an Associate's Degree in Life Sciences/Engineering field.
- Biotech Certificate would be ideal.
- Can follow written instruction in the form of Batch Records, Form Preps, Technical Protocols and Procedures.
- Prior troubleshooting skills and full awareness of current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Proficient computer skills.
- May require weekend or holiday off shift support and flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet production demands.
- Proficient in Aseptic Technique.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan.
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings.
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions.
- Family Planning Support.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- Can stand for 6 hours in a production suite.
- Can climb ladders and work platforms
- Stooping or bending to check or trouble-shoot equipment operations.
- Can lift, pull or push equipment requiring up to 25-50 lbs. of force.
- Please be aware that this position is considered "Essential Personnel." This means that in the case of inclement weather (e.g. snow storm) you will report to work for their normal shift if management deems necessary. To ensure "Essential Personnel" are safe during inclement weather situations Shire may provide lodging, shuttle service, and food (depending on the severity and duration of the inclement weather event). These details will be provided by management before any potential inclement weather situation.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
#GMSGQ #ZR1 #LI-MA1
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - MA - Lexington - BIO OPS
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Senior Engineer II Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Manufacturing Sciences
- Senior Medical Science Liaison – Neuroscience – New England (MA, CT, RI, ME, VT, NH) Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Medical Affairs
- Patient Safety Lead (6-months contract) Toronto, Canada Category: Drug Safety
- Automation Robotik Engineer (all genders) Oranienburg, Germany Category: Real Estate, Facilities, and Security
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.