Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Programs and Services
Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Programs and ServicesJob ID R0106706 Date posted Sep. 19, 2023 Location Lexington, Massachusetts
Join Takeda as Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Programs and Services in our Lexington, MA office. You will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Rare Disease Commercial Free Goods Programs and Services, including the management of contractual, operational, and performance elements of Patient Services Free Good Pharmacy Providers. You will be accountable for developing and supporting the strategic approach, program management, contract administration, and the overall health of therapy-specific Patient Services Programs across Commercial Specialty Pharmacies. As the Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Programs you will develop commercial and non-commercial Specialty Pharmacy Patient Services program administration and distribution services strategies, and be highly collaborative across multiple stakeholders within Patient and Market Access, and across the USBU to devise and execute against those strategies.
How you will contribute:
- You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day assigned Therapy Area program operations and the overall health of Patient Services Programs and Service Level agreements on behalf of Patient Services across commercial Specialty Pharmacies, working in close coordination and in partnership with internal cross-functional teams including Specialty Pharmacy & Channel Management Account Directors, and externally with Program Managers across the Specialty Pharmacy network.
- You will be Responsible for managing the relationships and serving as a direct point of contact with assigned non-commercial free goods pharmacy vendors that provide free-drug distribution services for patient support programs across multiple therapy areas, and having accountability for program strategy, operations, budget management, performance and contracting.
- You will lead and support the development and implementation of new product launch plans and KPIs associated with Specialty Pharmacy Patient Support Programs and Services in partnership with Specialty Pharmacy and Channel Management Account Directors and Patient Services Therapy Area Leadership.
- You will own and develop operational processes ensuring they are well documented, and observed and that operations are tracked and audited to ensure compliance with Takeda's guidelines and Business Rules.
- You will conduct and participate in Specialty Pharmacy Partners’ Weekly, Monthly, and/or Quarterly Business Reviews, keeping partners accountable to all business terms.
- You will coordinate with Data Aggregator partners, IT, Market Access, and Commercial Operations teams to negotiate and implement data feeds from customers as defined in specific agreements.
- You will design and deliver reports using business partner data that support business functions. Identify possible improvements and automation to streamline reporting and data management.
- You will create, manage and maintain non-commercial pharmacy vendor budgets, create all purchase orders and approve invoices for services rendered across non-commercial and commercial pharmacies.
- You will partner across Patient and Market Access, working in close collaboration with Specialty Pharmacy and channel Management Account Leads as well as Franchise leads to deliver result on departmental goals.
- You will serve as Patient Services Commercial and Non-Commercial Distribution Services subject matter expert to internal partners, travel to attend conferences, and participate in business meetings as necessary to educate stakeholders about Takeda’s Patient Services programs and services. Identify key marketplace trends relative to distribution services and their implications to Patient and Market Access. Proactively identify and mitigate risk for both Specialty Pharmacy Partners and Takeda.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; B.S. Pharmacy, Health Care Administration, or Life Sciences preferred.
- 8 years of direct experience working and leading teams within a Specialty Pharmacy Organization, focusing on operations and administration of pharmaceutical manufacturer accounts and contracted patient support programs and services required.
- Experience implementing processes within a Specialty Pharmacy Organization for pharmaceutical manufacturer accounts and contracted terms for patient support programs and services, and operationalizing new requirements with respect to amendments, including new products and services is required.
- Experience in the development and execution of new-to-market specialty pharmaceutical product launch plans within a Specialty Pharmacy Organization specific to pharmaceutical manufacturer contracted patient support programs and services required
- Extensive CRM and/or ERP experience, including requirements for external data feeds/integration and associated reporting required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Products is required.
- Reimbursement experience required.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting in Excel is required.
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Skilled and experienced in developing statements of work and key performance indicators.
- Flexible and adaptable in handling change, managing time, and competing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and organize work streams, and problem-solve effectively while working in a team environment.
- Management experience, leadership skills, and ability to execute high-level ideas on an individual basis.
- Individuals must possess an extraordinary positive attitude, exceptional listening skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, shows initiative, is proactive, and able to work within a team.
- Ability to present in front of a group
- Travel Requirement 20%
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health and wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - MA - Hayden - 45-55
Time TypeFull time
We're different. We are a Biopharma that keeps it personal.
At Takeda, it's our people, our values and our culture that make us special. We share a sense of vocation and a desire to serve others that pulses through our entire organization. We're fortunate to be grounded in a history that gives us a long term perspective, the confidence to stick to what we believe in, and the humility to know we don't have all the answers.
We combine this outlook with an agility and tenacity to deliver for our patients that has fueled the growth of our business. But what really sets our company apart is something we call Patient Trust Reputation Business. It's the framework that enables us to translate our purpose and values into action. It's how we synchronize the diversity of our perspectives, strengths and expertise. And it’s what keeps our decision making tethered to what really matters.
There are endless opportunities for people in science-related fields at Takeda. This is a company that focuses on the patients and their employees.Tamara D. Director, US Field Medical, GI
Patient Centricity and Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business is what keeps me here. That is always steady.Jill E. Medical Affairs
It’s very comforting to know Takeda has given us much flexibility around your family schedule, especially during COVID. Takeda wants to make sure your team has time and the capacity to take care of all the responsibilities.Tony P. Managed Markets
I am overwhelmingly thrilled with Takeda leadership, the leadership with COVID, and the Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business decision-making framework. It is all about building the trust, we are committed to everyone.Dayna F. Director, IG Community Support
The people here are fantastic. Everyone has been wonderful. The opportunities at Takeda are enormous. I don’t know why you would go anywhere else, incredible support system, everything a professional could ask for.David M. Sales
I love the fact that I am empowered to do what is right and what I need to do. If you are a person who likes to make decisions and be accountable and responsible for your actions, this is the right company for you. If you want a company that cares for its employees, Takeda is a great fit for you!Kristen H. US Medical
Takeda Walks the Talk. We say Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business, other companies say they put patient first, but when push comes to shove, doesn’t always happen. The openness of leadership — Christophe, Ramona, the questions they take, they’re open and this has trickled down.Barbara O. Finance
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
View all US Commercial JobsSearch
USBU Commercial HRBL
Apply for USBU Commercial HRBL Cambridge, Massachusetts Human Resources
Senior Medical Science Liaison – Neuroscience – West (CA, NV, ID, MT, OR, WA, AK)
Apply for Senior Medical Science Liaison – Neuroscience – West (CA, NV, ID, MT, OR, WA, AK) California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Remote Medical Affairs
Onboarding and Access Specialist
Apply for Onboarding and Access Specialist Phoenix, Arizona, San Diego, California Patient and Market Access
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
Would you like to receive relevant opportunities in your inbox as soon as they’re posted?SIGN UP
Are you interested in company news, attending career events, and hearing more from Takeda?Join