Global Process Owner - Payroll (Senior Director)Multiple Locations
Takeda Business Solutions (TBS) is an award-winning organization within Global Finance, committed to creating an exceptional experience where our stakeholders feel supported and confident in our solutions.
A key business partner for Takeda, we harness the power of data and digital to optimize end-to-end processes across Finance, Procurement and HR.
TBS is a driver of the latest technology and next-generation capabilities in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, process automation, and analytics, while being agile at scale.
With a clear line of sight to the patient, we create seamless experiences that free up our people’s time to focus on our purpose — better health for people, brighter future for the world.
When you join TBS, you'll become part of an exciting journey of transformation. Our shared mindset of innovation means we’re constantly striving to improve our organization, ways of working and outcomes — creating a uniquely rewarding culture for employees and an exceptional people experience.
It's an exciting world of collaborative change, where you’ll be empowered to challenge the status quo, make a lasting impact, and reimagine the future for yourself and the business.
Takeda Business Solutions (TBS) is a global function and key business partner for Takeda. TBS is committed to creating an exceptional experience where you feel supported & confident in our solutions, across Finance, Procurement and HR. We create value for the business by freeing up employees’ time to better focus on patients and core operations. TBS is a driver of the latest technology and next generation capabilities in artificial intelligence, robotics, automation, and analytics, while being agile at scale. We have established a global network of core hubs and delivery centres to better anticipate needs and operate in a seamless, collaborative way.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & Leadership
The role of the Global Process Owner (GPO) is a senior position, responsible for overseeing the entire process. The GPO collaborates and provides guidance on process design and enhancements to the leadership team, working in coordination with the Global Process Expert. The objective is to facilitate process digitization, innovation, and the implementation of IT solutions to support overall strategy and roadmaps.
Develops and leads the strategic plan for Takeda’s global payroll function, aligned to the TBS vision and three-year strategy, spanning more than 75 countries and more than 45,000 employees.
Leads the digital transformation and change management of local operating companies’ payroll operations to a global operating model that automates processes, optimizes HR systems, and drives efficiencies and cost savings.
Implements controls and ensures consistent payroll solutions are in place, while adheres to country-by-country laws and regulations to achieve a SOX compliant, stable environment.
Senior partner and strategic advisor to TBS payroll leadership team in implementation and execution of payroll strategy and exploring new opportunities.
Your Tasks In Detail:
- Accountable for global E2E process, while delivering exceptional people experience, covering strategic roadmap design, prioritization, and performance. Establish and oversee process related KPI targets in alignment with the business, incl. monitoring of required response actions.
- Participates in the GPO Global Governance Framework.
- Maintains Toolkit and implementation of GPO Playbook consistently across process area.
- Drives improvements and new capabilities for the business in alignment with GPE. Process standardization and harmonization: Account for end-to-end process harmonization and adherence to implemented global standards and risk and controls; sign-off on standardized process documentation as well as sign-off on local deviations (incoming and existing).
- Accountable to develop and maintain the Global Reference Model Design in partnership with IT for all key in-scope global processes, eliminating process exceptions over time.
- Cooperates closely with GPE on driving continuous process improvement, incl. oversight of GPC and extended CI Champions network, technology, and future business needs.
- Participate in the definition and alignment of process scoping; design service management topics with TBS leadership and with business for incoming / extending TBS scope.
- Sign-off on standardized process documentation including signing-off on local deviations (incoming and existing).
- Account for end-to-end process harmonization and adherence to implemented global standards and risks
- Establish & oversee process related KPI targets in alignment with the business, incl. monitoring of required response actions.
- Monitor market trends and adopt them globally to the respective process area, developing best in class processes.
- Collaborate with IT on maximizing the potential of existing software and identifying further automation potential for additional software suites.
- Responsible for performance monitoring (e.g., FTE efficiency forecasting), conducting benchmark against other companies to identify improvements, and partnering with operations to share and execute plan to reach targets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, business administration, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in global operational payroll leadership.
- Experience within a shared services environment within a large multinational organization.
- Proven experience of conducting payroll and implementing payroll solutions in complex, multiregional environment.
- Unwavering integrity with confidence and self-awareness
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate at the highest levels of corporate management.
- Practical experience of payroll systems.
- In depth understanding of controls, GDPR and SOX compliance.
- Clear thinker with ability to develop, communicate and deliver clear strategy and action plans.
- Good understanding of continuous improvement approaches.
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) qualifications.
- Continuous improvement and/or Lean background.
- Workday, SAP experience.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry.
Key Competencies For Success In This Position Include:
- Robust management and leadership abilities
- Comprehensive payroll expertise spanning various regions.
- Senior partnership and advisory skills
- Profound understanding of SOX controls
- Capability in change management
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in applying technology and automation.
- Effective communication across all management levels
- Exemplary influencing skills
- Comfort with ambiguity, adeptness in change management, adaptability, and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
For the sixth consecutive year, Takeda was one of only 15 companies to achieve Global Top Employer certification for 2023. In addition to the global certification, Takeda is also recognized as a Top Employer across 22 countries, strengthening our commitment to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment and an exceptional employee experience.
No investment we make pays greater dividends than taking good care of our people. We offer you:
- A meaningful career, grounded in our values.
- Continuous professional growth and global careers.
- A diverse and inclusive network of colleagues.
- Flexible work environment, including hybrid working.
- A collaborative culture encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit and agile thinking.
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package.
The compensation package and benefits differ based on the hiring location. For more details, kindly reach out to the Talent Acquisition Partner.
WE DON’T DO ORDINARY – AT TAKEDA WE UNITE IN DIVERSITY!
Takeda is committed to creating an inclusive workplace, where individuals are recognized for the diverse backgrounds and abilities they bring to our company. We are continually improving workplace experience and accessibility for everyone, and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as an important contributor to our Team.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool (please attach your CV in English).
For further information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Partner Natalia Sadowska.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsExton, PALodz, Poland, Zurich, Switzerland
Time TypeFull time
What makes a successful team member within TBS at Takeda?
Your TBS Onboarding Experience
Life at TBS – What Sets Us Apart?
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Procurement Sourcing Senior Specialist Lodz, Poland Category: Procurement
- ServiceNow Business Analyst Lodz, Poland Category: Business Administration
- Travel & Expenses Specialist Lodz, Poland Category: Finance
- Personalsachbearbeiter (all genders) Oranienburg, Germany Category: Human Resources
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.