Cloud DevOps EngineerDelegación Cuajimalpa de Morelos, Mexico City
At Takeda, we are guided by our purpose of creating better health for people and a brighter future for the world. Every corporate function plays a role in making sure we — as a Takeda team — can discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
People join Takeda because they share in our purpose. And they stay because we’re committed to an inclusive, safe and empowering work environment that offers exceptional experiences and opportunities for everyone to pursue their own ambitions.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
The Future Begins Here
At Takeda, we are leading digital evolution and global transformation. By building innovative solutions and future-driven capabilities, we are improving the lives of millions of patients around the world.
Mexico City has been selected to be home to Takeda’s recently launched Innovation Capability Center thanks to its international recognition in qualified and experienced talent in the data, digital and technology fields. We invite you to join our digital transformation journey.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to boost your skills and become the heart of an innovative engine that is contributing to global impact and improvement.
At Takeda’s ICC we Unite in Diversity
Takeda is committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative workplace, where individuals are recognized for their backgrounds and abilities they bring to our company. We are continuously improving our collaborators journey in Takeda, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as an important contributor to our diverse team.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you'll work closely with Architects, Operations, DevOps, Security and other technology partners to design and implement our next-generation high availability, scalable cloud architecture. You are an passionate about DevOps and Reliability engineering, experienced with public cloud(s) and hands-on experience with CI/CD tooling (GitHub or equivalent like Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.). You will design/build/deploy complex, forward-looking Infrastructure as Code to support the Takeda Enterprise Cloud Platform and Applications deployed onto the Takeda Enterprise Cloud.
- Work as technical specialist alongside business, product development and infrastructure teams within a scaled agile environment, continuously managing short change cycles to drive to our future state strategy.
- Apply cloud infrastructure knowledge with respect to microservices architecture, design patterns, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Contribute to Takeda’s mission by leading the development and adoption of cloud-first solutions that deliver business outcomes and drive innovation
- Monitor for vulnerabilities and troubleshoot performance issues by implementing alert strategies for production environments
- Provision AWS environments using infrastructure-as-code and partner with development teams to design a robust deployment and patching strategy
- Work closely with product leads, scrum master, business customers to define feature specifications and build the next generation of digital health solutions
- Collaborate with infrastructure, network, and security teams to provision environments, configure services, and perform capacity planning
- Participate in support rotation, respond to system health alerts, and triage issues alongside helpdesk, managed services, and cloud ops teams
- Develop and maintain application documentation according to Takeda Quality Systems and Software Development Life Cycle standards and procedures
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience spanning multiple IT disciplines, including systems engineering, cloud infrastructure, integration
- Hands on experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, IAM, EC2, LBs, AWS Native CI/CD Services, S3)
- Skilled in provisioning AWS resources using Infrastructure as a code (IaC), Hands-on experience developing Cloud Formation Templates or Terraform
- Hands on experience in system level scripting using Bash and/or PowerShell
- Hands on programming skills in one or more high level languages like Python, Golang, Node.js, Java
- Proficient in handling CI/CD integrations with GitHub, GitHub Actions or equivalent (Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps, …) and deploying infrastructure and applications on AWS
- Fluency with modern DevOps concepts and CI/CD pipeline processes
- Hands on experience with Docker containers and other orchestration tools/ services (AWS Fargate, EKS, Redhat Openshift)
- Good Operating System level debugging skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills, business acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
What Takeda’s ICC Can Offer You
At Takeda, you take the lead on building and shaping your own career.
Joining the ICC in Mexico City will give you access to high-end technology, continuous training and a diverse and inclusive network of colleagues who will support your career growth.
It is our priority to provide competitive compensation and a benefit package that bridges your personal life with your professional career. Amongst our benefits are:
- Competitive Salary + Performance Annual Bonus
- Monthly Supermarket and Food Vouchers
- Flexible Working Schemes
- Comprehensive Healthcare Insurance Plans: Life, Medical, Dental & Vision
- Additional Time Off
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Programs
If you have further inquiries on the ICC Mexico City or this role, follow us on LinkedIn, and look up for our upcoming online events where we will elaborate on open roles and host Q&A sessions.
LocationsMEX - Santa Fe
Time TypeFull time
What makes a successful team member within Corporate at Takeda?
- Results driven
Impact across generations Partnership brings together world-leading plasma companies to focus on developing and delivering a hyperimmune immunoglobulin in the global fight against COVID-19.
Takeda Scoops Global Top Employers® Award Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited today announced it has become part of a select group of only 15 to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Executive Search Recruitment Coordinator Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Human Resources
- Senior Global Talent Acquisition Coordinator - Europe Zurich, Switzerland Category: Human Resources
- Global Talent Acquisition Process Improvement Lead Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Human Resources
- Senior Manager - Digital Talent Acquisition Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Information Technology
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.