Group Manager, Quality Systems & Compliance, Narita PlantChiba, Chiba
At Takeda, Quality has always been a priority for us, throughout our long history. Today, what we do in Global Quality touches every part of our diverse organization. It’s reflected in our end-to-end Quality Management System that encompasses R&D, Manufacturing & Distribution, Commercial, Vaccines and our BioLife Plasma collection network. When you’re a part of our team, you’ll do meaningful work that makes an impact on the lives of patients. Learn more about us and explore the opportunities to build a remarkable career.
Please note this job requires business level Japanese in speaking, writing, and reading.
”Better Health for People, Brighter Future for the World” is the purpose of a company. We aim to create a diverse and inclusive organization where people can thrive, grow and realize their own potential while enabling our purpose. We continue to innovate and drive changes that will transform the lives of patients. We’re looking for like-minded professionals to join us.
Takeda is a global values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader. We are guided by our values of Takeda-ism, which has been passed down since the company’s founding. Takeda-ism incorporates Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance, with Integrity at the core. They are brought to life through actions based on Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business, in this order.
- Provide leadership of Quality Systems & Compliance functions. Develops and deploys mid and long term plan with KPIs and operational excellence, training/education, talent review and personnel development
- Managing aspects of Quality Systems & Compliance of drug substances and drug products at the facility, ensuring that quality systems, processes and related functions are in place and meet current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Takeda and other regulatory quality standards and requirements.
- Manages the Quality Systems & Compliance organization making sure the site goals are cascaded into the department.
- Ensure that quality related computerized systems including Track Wise and DMS/LMS are effectively implemented across the site.
- Ensure that change control process is in place and all changes are appropriately assessed, necessary actions are taken and the changes are implemented.
- Maintain validation programs and review and approve validation documents.
- Manage and host overseas/domestic regulatory inspections or audits.
- Create documents associated with manufacturing license and communicate with regulatory authorities.
- Generate APQR associated with products in Narita and approve them.
- Organize Quality Management Review and monitor and control Quality KPI/Metrics.
- Investigate cause of customer complaints and create investigation reports.
- Maintain supplier management programs and qualify suppliers/service providers.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Knowledge of the local and international regulatory regulations including GxP, ICH, other related guidelines.
- Knowledge in Plasma Derived Therapeutic processes including sterile operations and packaging operations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to make key decisions regarding potential risks associated with product quality or regulatory violations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Adaptive communication and presentation skills to effectively reach different levels, including senior management.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience/expertise with Track Wise Change Control/Complaint/Inspection and SAP systems.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated success in managing a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build authentic relationships, constructively challenge conventional thinking, engender trust, influence key stakeholders, cooperate as a team leader or team member, share information and deliver results with a team.
- Adopt and exemplify the Takeda leadership behaviors throughout the GQ organization and Narita Plant.
- Must have the ability to act as a change agent as well as effectively lead and motivate team members to achieve team goals.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity, and make decisions under stressful conditions.
- Great sense of urgency.
- Interacts with the Site Head and all site functions (Business Excellence, EHS, HR, Finance, IT, Manufacturing, Engineering and Supply Chain)
- Interacts with global Quality functions and Regulatory Affairs, as well as local and global regulators.
- Interacts frequently with subordinates, functional peers, and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Risk Management principles.
- Should be current in knowledge of state-of-the art processes and systems related to production as well as control of the products.
- Identify and implement strategic opportunities to drive cost reductions/process improvements in site-business.
- Lead and engage employees by initiatives of “Quality Culture”, "AGILE 4.0" "Digital" to drive continuous improvements.
- Key stakeholders include but not limited to: Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Distribution, IT, Manufacturing Sciences, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory Affairs, and Health Authorities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Engineering, Biology or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of management experience in the following areas in the pharmaceutical industry: Quality assurance, Quality system & compliance, Quality Control; understanding of the requirements for manufacturing, plant utilities, computer systems and project management.
- In depth knowledge of applicable regulations and laws for medicinal products, such as FDA CFR, ICH, GMPs and guidelines.
- Well-knowledge related to Manufacturing, Finance, EHS and HR (incl. Labor law)
- Strong leadership skills (i.e. Communication, Coaching, Project Management, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Team building and etc.)
- Business level of English skill is necessary (both verbal and written)
- License for pharmacist
- Experience of overseas assignment.
- Experience in managing team with applicable perspectives
- Experience in ISO 14001/45001 management system to carry out continuous improvement of site.
- Some travels will be required.
- This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
What Takeda can offer you:
Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
Salary Increase: Annually
Bonus Payment: Twice a year
Working Hours: Headquarters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, (Narita) 8:45-17:15, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Sick Leave, Family Support Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave.
Flexible Work Styles: Flextime, Telework
Click here to find out Takeda’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Better Health, Brighter Future
LocationsJPN - Chiba - Narita Plant
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- QC Labortechniker befristet (w/m/d) On Site Orth an der Donau, Austria Category: Quality
- Head of Sterility Assurance Neuchâtel, Switzerland Category: Quality
- Regional Head of Quality, Japan Jūsō-honmachi, Japan Category: Sales and Marketing
- Chemist I (Raw Material) Singapore, Singapore Category: Quality
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.