Manager, USBU PDT Sales AnalyticsCambridge, Massachusetts
At Takeda, it's our people, our values and our culture that make us special. We share a sense of vocation and a desire to serve others that pulses through our entire organization. We're fortunate to be grounded in a history that gives us a long term perspective, the confidence to stick to what we believe in, and the humility to know we don't have all the answers.
We combine this outlook with an agility and tenacity to deliver for our patients that has fueled the growth of our business. But what really sets our company apart is something we call Patient Trust Reputation Business. It's the framework that enables us to translate our purpose and values into action. It's how we synchronize the diversity of our perspectives, strengths and expertise. And it’s what keeps our decision making tethered to what really matters.
Join Takeda as a Manager, USBU PDT Sales Analytics role out of our Cambridge, MA office. The US Plasma Derived Therapies (PDT) Sales Analytics Manager will report to the Associate Director, Advanced Analytics Lead. You will help coordinate the delivery of field force analytics support for the five PDT sales forces. You will lead efforts on sales analytics to deliver high-quality, actionable business insights to sales leadership, commercial senior leadership, field members, home-office employees, PDT insights & analytics, and other stakeholders.
How you will contribute:
- You will conduct data analyses to answer recurring or ad hoc questions on sales and product performance from leadership, appropriately defining issues, questions, and source data to perform accurate analysis; accountable for cross-checking data + assumptions and develop/maintain documentation of analytical methods.
- You will be the voice of the field sales teams when working cross-functionally with Data, Digital, and Technology to innovate on enterprise-wide tools, taking full ownership of working with your field sales customers to optimize the data and analytics solutions you deliver to them.
- You will foster and deliver new market and product insights to all sales teams and sales leaders through national/regional/territory analytics, dashboarding, and reporting solutions.
- You will create and deploy Tableau-based and Veeva-based solutions to automate and develop dashboards on KPIs and team/brand performance for various levels of field and leadership across five sales teams.
- You will build, enhance, and maintain data pipelines using SQL/Python to foster delivery of insightful, timely, and accurate information from numerous data sources, such as sales/demand, CRM, and third-party data; you will own the source of truth.
- You will collaborate and share best practices, data requirements, and opportunities for automation with the PDT Strategy & Insights team to enable scale and delivery for field force-specific use cases.
- You will contribute to the application of customer resource tools for all PDT sales teams to support key business objectives (Veeva CRM, Sales IQ, VitalSigns, AlignMax, CallMax)
- You will develop requirements, design, and monitor relevant platforms to support new patient and sales leads through sources such as claims (Komodo, Symphony) & Prognos labs data.
- You will serve as a subject matter expert on all data and system inquiries from field sales leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical, quantitative, or scientific discipline. For example, Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Systems Biology, Biophysics, Econometrics, Operations Research, or other STEM fields required
- 5 + years of experience in an analytics/field force analytics role required
- 3 + years of previous Pharmaceutical experience required
- Extensive hands-on experience with data manipulation, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, regression-type analysis, and model interpretation required
- Experience managing and maintaining Veeva and other salesforce data and reporting platforms required
- High proficiency in SQL is required for success in this role
- Working proficiency in Python for data management and process automation
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- You must have a good understanding of customer insights and when/how to draw upon multiple sources for data triangulation
- We ask that you have high competence in pharmaceutical market analysis, competitive intelligence, claims data, and secondary analytics to support hypothesis generation and reveal key insights
- Prior experience presenting findings and challenges to senior leadership
- Teach stakeholders of various levels of analytical knowledge how to access and interpret data
- Results-orientated with an ability to lead project teams, manage tight timelines, and prioritize key projects within a complex matrix organization
- Understand market trends, financial data, and customer needs and assess new information quickly
- Knowledge of the healthcare regulatory environment and demonstrated ability to place controls to ensure compliance with guidelines
- Experience in pharma/biotech, especially rare diseases, is strongly preferred
- Experience in Databricks is highly desirable
- Master’s in technical/quantitative discipline, for example, Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Systems Biology, Biophysics, Econometrics, Operations Research or other STEM field
- Prior experience with project management across a range of functions, level, and geography
- Prior experience in consulting or analytics project delivery through the entire development lifecycle
- Current or prior certification in Tableau Desktop and/or Databricks
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- 2024 Summer Internship - GIBU Sales Force Effectiveness Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- 2024 Summer Internship – US Medical Information and Review Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- 2024 Summer Internship - NSBU Sales Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- Associate Director, Federal Government Affairs Washington, District of Columbia Category: Communications and Public Affairs
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.