Executive CoordinatorCambridge, Massachusetts
At Takeda, it's our people, our values and our culture that make us special. We share a sense of vocation and a desire to serve others that pulses through our entire organization. We're fortunate to be grounded in a history that gives us a long term perspective, the confidence to stick to what we believe in, and the humility to know we don't have all the answers.
We combine this outlook with an agility and tenacity to deliver for our patients that has fueled the growth of our business. But what really sets our company apart is something we call Patient Trust Reputation Business. It's the framework that enables us to translate our purpose and values into action. It's how we synchronize the diversity of our perspectives, strengths and expertise. And it’s what keeps our decision making tethered to what really matters.
About the role:
Are you looking for a patient-focused company to inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Executive Coordinator in our Boston, MA office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Executive Coordinator working on the Global Real Estate, Facilities and Procurement team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
Provide executive administrative support to the global SVP for high-level administrative and office support responsibilities to ensure the efficient running of the office.
Work as a high-level executive partner, is responsive and symbiotic to the needs of the leader.
Understand the business and make decisions in the leader’s absence, for example, calendar timings, travel arrangements, and routine analysis.
You will report directly to the Senior Vice President and Head of Global Real Estate , Facilities and Procurement
How you will contribute:
- Manages calendar of global SVP to ensure alignment with goals and priorities.
- Co-ordinates administrative activities globally within the Global Real Estate, Facilities, and Procurement organization.
- Arranges travel of global SVP, works with Takeda systems to book travel and manage expenses, and completes expense reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Tracks, documents, and reports data using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Manages specialty documents and correspondence, including letters, reports, emails, presentations, memos, faxes, etc.
- Reviews documents and proofreads work for grammar and spelling, accuracy, consistency of terms, and completeness; ensures document text and graphics adhere to corporate and organization guidelines and standards.
- Collects, reviews, analyzes, interprets, enters, and formats accurate data into intranet, spreadsheets, databases and other electronic tools.
- Interfaces and communicates with internal and external customers; directs people to the appropriate resources.
- Researches solutions and responds to email and phone inquiries with minimal input from direct supervisor; interacts effectively with all levels of stakeholders and employees throughout the company.
- Prepares documentation for payment of vendors, consultants, and suppliers; submits documentation and enters request for payments into accounting system; approves transactions; responds to inquiries from accounts payable and payees.
- Gathers input for budgets; tracks and updates budget forecasts; prepares reports for the department summarizing budget status.
- Schedules meetings, calls, and other interactions based on the priorities of the leader and/or function.
- Initiates, develops, leads, and participates in improvement processes; actively participates in resulting process improvements.
- Understands the structure of the organization and develops a strong network across departments; draws on network to answer questions, solve problems, and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Demonstrates discretion and confidentiality in execution of all responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma/GED required. Associates degree or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Mature in approach. Previously operated at the Executive Administrative Assistant level at a large, global company.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Understands how work gets done in organizations and is available to the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC literacy with advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in working with real estate, facilities and procurement in a previous organization is preferred
- Minimal travel as required for the work, primarily for meetings.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
You will be classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- 2024 Summer Internship - GIBU Sales Force Effectiveness Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- 2024 Summer Internship – US Medical Information and Review Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- 2024 Summer Internship - NSBU Sales Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- Associate Director, Federal Government Affairs Washington, District of Columbia Category: Communications and Public Affairs
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.