Director, Global Medical EvidenceCambridge, Massachusetts
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
Takeda has been translating science into breakthrough medicines for 240 years. Every step of the way, our teams have worked together to tackle some of the most challenging problems in drug discovery and development. Today, we’re a driving force behind innovative therapies that make a lasting difference to millions of patients around the world.
In R&D, all of our history and potential comes together in an environment that welcomes diversity of thought and amplifies every voice. Working closely with colleagues, you’ll play a key role in bringing our rich pipeline of products forward to help patients. Come join a team that’s earned trust for more than two centuries, and find out how advancing transformative therapies at Takeda will shape your bright future.
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on three therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Director, Global Medical Evidence Lead, GI where you will contribute to asset strategy through membership on matrix teams and through interactions with cross-functional partners. Lead the development of a strategic integrated evidence generation plan. Partners with the Global Program Team (GPT) Evidence Generation sub team (a multidisciplinary team), to develop/optimize the integrated strategic evidence generation initiatives across therapeutic areas, proactively anticipating any potential gaps and adjusting tactical plans to address these.
You will lead the development of peri -and post-approval prospective study design within the CoE of Global Medical to support access needs, support the development of a strategy for all study types within Global Medical, i.e. Medical Affairs Sponsored Studies (MACs). You will also, develop Areas of Interest (AOI) for Collaborative research and IIRs. As part of the Global Medical Evidence, you will report to Head, Global Medical Evidence.
How you will contribute:
- Support strategic discussions for each assigned therapeutic area to identify research gaps and develop aligned strategic and tactical plans to address these gaps. And works closely with GMA GPT representatives and partners responsible for executing evidence generation plan
- Drive, build and maintain the strategic evidence generation plans, closely partnering with the GML, PVPA and GEO with input from multiple stakeholders (regions, SQS, etc.)
- Establish GMA framework (i.e. subteam to asset strategy team) to support evidence generation needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to define global evidentiary needs of key stakeholders (Regulatory bodies, HCPs, Patients/caregivers, Payers, and HTA bodies) to serve the evolving healthcare environment
- Support collaborative strategic planning and mapping of evidence generation activities with key internal stakeholders to develop aligned and integrated generation strategies and plans
- Enhance collaboration between various groups within Takeda through sharing of data and best practices
- Provide strategic leadership and scientific direction on medical evidence activities in order to: Set standards for utilization of medical data. Maximize patients’ access to our innovative medicines;
- Minimum MSc degree required (preferably PhD), preferably in a health sciences related field with 8 years of research related experience and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Strong and effective communication skills absolutely essential
- Experience with late stage clinical studies, research collaborations and RWE
- Proven track record of strong leadership, project management and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor individuals.
- Ability to communicate and interact thoughtfully, transparently, and appropriately with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to Takeda.
- Experience overseeing work of and mentoring other individuals with a variety of scientific and non-scientific backgrounds and training
- Experience working in a global organization and within matrix structure highly desirable.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $160,300 to $229,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - MA - Cambridge
Time TypeFull time
The heart of our work
Shining a light on new perspectives
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Sr. Director, Head, Global Program Management, Neuroscience TAU Cambridge, Massachusetts Category: Project/Program Management
- Cell Therapy Clinical Pharmacology and Modeling PhD Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- Clinical Biomarker Laboratory Operations- Immunohistochemistry/Pathology Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
- Cell Therapy Clinical Pharmacology and Modeling Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.