Senior Maintenance Technician
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Senior Maintenance TechnicianJob ID R0103947 Date posted Aug. 22, 2023 Location Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Technician
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
About the role:
This position is responsible for performing daily checks and maintenance on facility equipment and systems, while adhering to cGMP standards and corporate safety policies. You will operate and provide maintenance of plant utility systems under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor in a rotating shift environment. You will perform corrective maintenance and routine preventative maintenance on facilities equipment following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and complete work orders, logs and forms following cGMP documentation practices.
How you will contribute:
Conduct operation and maintenance of plant equipment including high pressure steam boilers; chillers; heating/cooling air handling units; process waste treatment systems; CIP equipment; water purification system (water softening and carbon bed filtration, reverse osmosis equipment, continuous deionization equipment, sanitary pumps, multi-effect distillation equipment); tank mixers; air compressors and dryers; and chilled water distribution systems.
- Will specify and complete vendor search for electrical, mechanical, and piping materials as necessary to fabricate and install modifications and/or complete repairs on equipment; provide maintenance services and technical assistance, as needed, to all departments.
- Responds to service calls and conducts repairs throughout the facility.
- Assist in directing contract service providers in the Supervisors absence.
- Interact with all departments, primarily at the technical level. May work directly with Facilities Management by providing feedback for establishing or modifying work practices and assisting in the development of schedules.
- Act as a team leader when multiple technicians are working on the same project.
- Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned.
What you bring to Takeda:
Must possess a State of Minnesota, “1st Class” High Pressure Boiler Engineer License, Chiefs License preferred
Two-year certificate in a technical field such as HVAC, building trades or building utilities program, or equivalent military experience is preferred.
7+ years of maintenance experience preferred.
Can read and understand technical manuals and wiring schematics, light computer skills.
Can troubleshoot control circuits and must possess basic pipe fitting skills.
Has good customer service skills and promotes a teamwork environment.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan.
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings.
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions.
- Family Planning Support.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- Must be able to move throughout the facility as dictated by the essential functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Requires climbing of stairs, ladders, and use of telescoping lifts.
- Occasionally will be required to lift up to 50 pounds (i.e., Bags of water softener salt pellets once per month.
- Will be assigned to a shift rotation in support of 24/7 plant operations that may require day, evening, or night shifts that will include weekend work.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
#GMSGQ #ZR1 #LI-MA1
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsBrooklyn Park, MN
Time TypeFull time
Business Area Overview
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
View All GMS JobsSearch
Apply for Maintenance Manager Round Lake Beach, Illinois Real Estate, Facilities, and Security
Manufacturing Lead Operator
Apply for Manufacturing Lead Operator Los Angeles, California Manufacturing/Production
Senior Process Engineer
Apply for Senior Process Engineer Thousand Oaks, California Engineering
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
Would you like to receive relevant opportunities in your inbox as soon as they’re posted?SIGN UP
Are you interested in company news, attending career events, and hearing more from Takeda?Join