Head of Innovation Capabilities Center – SlovakiaBratislava, Bratislava
At Takeda, we are guided by our purpose of creating better health for people and a brighter future for the world. Every corporate function plays a role in making sure we — as a Takeda team — can discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
People join Takeda because they share in our purpose. And they stay because we’re committed to an inclusive, safe and empowering work environment that offers exceptional experiences and opportunities for everyone to pursue their own ambitions.
The Future Begins Here
At Takeda, we are leading digital evolution and global transformation. By building innovative solutions and future-ready capabilities, we are meeting the need of patients, our people, and the planet.
Bratislava has been selected to be home to Takeda’s first Innovation Capability Center opened in 2022. We invite you to join our digital transformation journey. In this role, you will have the opportunity to boost your skills and become the heart of an innovative engine that is contributing to global impact and improvement.
We are taking a giant step forward to create a future ready organization that evolves at the speed of science and technology, to meet the needs of patients by seeking and incorporating novel digital capabilities, data, and agile methodologies. Our aim is to provide digital solutions that are personalized to each patient’s unique needs and health circumstances. With individual care at the center, we can support patients in actively managing their personal care journey – from the moment they are diagnosed through treatment and beyond. Our Global data and digital team plays an integral role in accelerating this exciting journey.
Takeda is building its Data, Digital and Technology Global Delivery Model. In this role, the Innovation Capability Center Lead will be able to connect to existing capabilities and infrastructure, operationalize and scale the site.
The Head of our Innovation Capability Center in Bratislava is a key leadership role within the Global Data and digital organization and is responsible for directing a large technology delivery team (in a matrix structure) within Takeda’s ICC site in Slovakia. This role is multifaceted with accountabilities for both continue ramping up the site and for ongoing site operations. This role will have budget responsibility and a direct accountability for site employees.
• Responsible to recruit, hire, onboard and retain a high performing collaborative team.
• Build, operationalize and run a highly utilized capability center function by partnering with internal and external stakeholders.
• Advocate and champion delivery center capabilities, services and technologies
• Establish and oversee objectives and key results (OKRs), processes and digital accelerators to deliver and measure value for Takeda
• Build and maintain Takeda brand reputation in the Slovakian market as a digital and data driven biotechnology company.
Key Delivery Capabilities Duties:
• Oversee service delivery and the day-to-day operations of the capability center, ensuring that all standards are met, and procedures are followed
• Define and ensure the implementation of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s); sets standards for quality and ensures that operational activities are implemented in accordance with the established standards.
• Review and monitor key performance OKRs at the capability center e.g., staff utilization, SLA adherence and make adjustments to perform at utilization targets.
• Establish quality control mechanisms such as business, periodic quality assurance reviews etc.
• Provide leadership and implement strategic direction and goals for the center.
• Lead, develop and empower an efficient, effective, and agile Capability Center team to deliver exceptional capabilities and services for the Global Data and Digital organization across the value chain.
• Drive a consistent and positive user experience, embedding a Digital and Agile mindset and culture throughout the transformation journey.
• Ensure effective Teamwork and collaboration both within Takeda and with any 3rd party outsourced provider, and with all interfacing functions in country or where required globally including Finance, Corporate Affairs, Compliance and Legal.
• Enhance career experiences in country / region and build next generation technology capabilities to enable today’s and future organizational strategic objectives.
• Act as a Transformation Lead for the site and for the broader region
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
Our strategic goal is to make Takeda the most trusted, data-driven, outcome-based biopharmaceutical company. Our Ambition is:
• Inspire, engage, and prepare unique stakeholder groups – shaping a strong, motivational, realistic vision and plan that appeals to GDD&T and business audiences, that we use to engage relentlessly and prepare for the new ways of working.
• New-skill in cloud + digital capabilities – stitching together data & cloud technologies to meet our patients needs solve business challenges, and advance Takeda digital Strategy
• Encourage a Learner Mindset – utilizing purposeful, small experiments to de-risk change and fully unlock human potential throughout the journey.
• Use analytics to drive the journeys – to shape the business readiness and engagement plan and deliver targeted change interventions that matter.
• Get trusted leaders out front – and enable Takeda’s people to be advocates of our new business as usual, forming a group of inspiring individuals, energizing our teams, and steering the way together
TECHNICAL/FUNCIONAL (LINE) EXPERTISE:
• Proven record of standing up, scaling and running a global delivery capability ( + 300 FTEs)
• Deep expertise in end to end digital product delivery with an Agile Operating Model
• Ability to build consensus and drive change across broad group of senior stakeholders to deliver against a multi-year plan
• Serves in full time capacity (75% time in Bratislava, 25% at Hubs) and has strong professional network, understanding of local market and ways of working
• Strong strategic thinking and decision making
• Demonstrated success in leading IT and technical teams
• Experience developing and managing high performing teams in high volume and high pressure environment
• Excellent communication, listening and influencing skills; ability to listen, anticipate customer needs and influence solutions.
• Act as a change agent, drive GDD&T culture and mindset within the country and region
DECISION-MAKING AND AUTONOMY:
• Technically strong with proven ability to make sound decisions and lead data and digital technology projects to successful completion
• Ability to lead effectively and work concurrently across multiple priorities in a goal-oriented, timeline driven, and remote management work environment
• Solutions oriented, with the ability to structure ambiguous problems and develop qualitative and quantitative approaches for identifying and assessing various options to provide solutions
• Strong business acumen with an ability to understand the business implications of decisions
• Result oriented – drives to pragmatic solutions and balances the ideal with the practical in order to deliver best value to the organization
• Makes timely decisions and translates strategy into action. Ensures impact is quantified, tracked and realized
• Establishes credibility and earns respect within country and across senior level GDD&T stakeholders. Able to facilitate alignment without compromising principles
• Engage with the GDLT to understand current and anticipate future requirements
• Able to influence without authority
• Challenges the status quo to drive a greater value and growth for the business
• Drive simplification, innovation and continuous improvement activities while ensuring business continuity and minimal business disruptions
• Ensures sharing knowledge and best practices across the center, IT sites and across GDD&T globally
• Applies digital environment knowledge to create better solutions and insights
• Operating in a complex, R&D centric heavily regulated environment
• Demonstrated capability to successfully collaborate in a matrix organization and manage a complex cross functional environment driving the execution in a global environment
• Drives the changes in country and within the Capability center, has the combination of process, project and change management
• Working within international / global remit and within and across other cultures
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Desirable: Master’s in Business Administration
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in related technical field
• High degree of integrity, confidence and self-awareness
• Confident and persuasive with strong influencing skills; able to win internal support for new ideas and initiatives
• Appreciates, understands and effectively negotiates within and across other cultures
• Customer centric and solutions orientated aptitude with demonstrable experience in providing solutions based on customer needs
• Ability to form strong working relationships across a matrix environment with ability to collaborate and influence executive leadership
Interpersonal Skills: Good people leadership and management skills (e.g. energetic, visionary, motivational, resilient & highly driven individual who thrives on professional challenges)
• Strong negotiation & interpersonal skills (e.g. tact/diplomacy, persuasion, cooperation, ability to motivate others)
• Experienced in handling sensitive and confidential issues/ situations and cultural sensitivities
• Problem-solving and entrepreneurial mind-set driven to create and innovate
• Experience in pharmaceutical companies advantageous
• Experience from M&A programs preferred
• Flexibility in working hours due to global nature (different time-zones) and demands of the role and the organization
• Travel requirements: Flexibility to travel (~20 - 30%).
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
• Takeda is certified as a Top Employer, not only in Slovakia, but also globally. No investment we make pays greater dividends than taking good care of our people.
• At Takeda, you take the lead on building and shaping your own career.
• Joining the ICC in Bratislava will give you access to high-end technology, continuous training and a diverse and inclusive network of colleagues who will support your career growth.
As a motivated employee, you should be compensated appropriately. The minimum salary for this position is €7800 per month (full time), but your final remuneration package may be higher depending on your qualifications and experience.
Here are a few benefits our employees are enjoying at Takeda. To get a full picture of what we are offering, follow this link.
- Medical - High standard medical care
- Bridge days
- Summer Hours
- Multisport Card
At Takeda’s ICC we Unite in Diversity
Takeda is committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative workplace, where individuals are recognized for their backgrounds and abilities they bring to our company. We are continuously improving our collaborators journey in Takeda, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as an important contributor to our diverse team.
ABOUT ICC IN TAKEDA:
• Takeda is leading a digital revolution. We’re not just transforming our company; we’re improving the lives of millions of patients who rely on our medicines every day.
• As an organization, we are committed to our cloud-driven business transformation and believe the ICCs are the catalysts of change for our global organization
Your application and any and all conversations that occur with the recruiter, HR, and the hiring manager as part of that application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
LocationsSVK - Bratislava – Svatoplukova
Time TypeFull time
What makes a successful team member within Corporate at Takeda?
- Results driven
Impact across generations Partnership brings together world-leading plasma companies to focus on developing and delivering a hyperimmune immunoglobulin in the global fight against COVID-19.
Takeda Scoops Global Top Employers® Award Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited today announced it has become part of a select group of only 15 to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Low-Code Software Engineer Bratislava, Slovakia Category: Information Technology
- Manager, ESG and Value Creation Tokyo, Japan Category: Other
- Sr Software Engineer Delegación Cuajimalpa de Morelos, Mexico Category: Information Technology
- Back-End Software Engineer Delegación Cuajimalpa de Morelos, Mexico Category: Information Technology
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.