Sr. Manager, Data Access Monitoring
Sr. Manager, Data Access MonitoringJob ID R0082481 Date posted Sep. 19, 2023 Location Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Manager, Data Access Monitoring.
At Takeda, we are striving to transform the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and by being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a major sponsor, active partner, and strategic leader in a number of healthcare partnerships and consortia around the world, Takeda is creating new opportunities to deliver dramatic improvements to healthcare and health outcomes. By bringing together patients, providers, health authorities, researchers, and biopharma with new approaches to data, devices, and analytics, we are enabling value-based approaches in healthcare systems to improve care delivery and optimize use of resources around outcomes that matter to patients. An essential foundation of these efforts are the designs and implementations of the data networks that bring together people, processes, and technology. The Takeda R&D Data Sciences Institute is committed to this work and is adding to its Applied Data Sciences and Learning team strong governance and business designs in data access. Through leadership and vision, transformation thinking, and relationships across R&D built on trust and transparency, we are helping to reduce the friction and strengthen the understanding of bringing data to the business of R&D.
To deliver on our vision, we are currently recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Data Access Monitoring leader to assist in ensuring full and complete access and usage of date while consistently, transparently, and confidently applying all restrictions, qualifications, responsibilities, and obligations throughout the lifecycle of the data by:
- Supporting the R&D Data Governance and Access Office in ensuring responsible use and reuse of data by implementing and maintaining data access and usage monitoring and reporting processes, acting on the information to ensure that the data governance framework is fully operational, has complete coverage, and is effective.
- Proactively working with data sponsors and restriction leads across the organization to ensure the real-time application of the access and usage processes for all data sources, providing transparency and consistency via standardize monitoring and reporting.
- Defining and implementing a meaningful set of measures and metrics to ensure that data is being used in a compliant manner, providing visibility and insight into the operational aspects of the R&D Data Governance and Access framework.
- Based on core program objectives, define a set of measures and metrics that provide both leading and lagging indicators of system user activity for both compliance and value
- Monitor the data governance and access framework in order to assess, analyze, and characterize the data ingest, processing, access, and usage processes
- Create and maintain a dashboard of the Data Governance and Access framework, providing operational transparency including alerting of exceptions in key processes
- Together with other members of the Data Governance and Access Office, use information from usage patterns, alerts, and performance indicators as well as end user feedback to continually optimize and improve system utility and usability
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Experience in defining KPIs and metrics to measure, monitor, analyze, and optimize data usage and access systems
- Expertise in instrumenting complex IT and data systems in order to provide insightful trend monitoring, alerting, and dashboarding for operational and strategic use
- Ability to monitor and analyze data patterns to assure proper application of system safeguards and alerting, enabling detection of usage patterns and performance trends
- Proven results in driving optimization of data system capability and performance based on both system analysis and end user experience
- Prior work in scientific exploration and/or statistical analysis of life sciences, real world, clinical, and operational data
- Ability to assess and guide analysis and feedback of complex business policies, restrictions, and operating models
- Process design and implementation of business and operational processes
- A proven ability to work across national and organizational boundaries to build support, address issues, identify and mitigate risks, and deliver results quickly and with transparency that address current needs and anticipates future opportunities
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Broad understanding and demonstrated practical experience in data governance, data security, life sciences, and business operations
- Current or prior hands-on expertise in the science and data science of biopharma
- Expertise in data services and data operations that focus on users and usage
- Experience in complex analytic areas of business processes, regulations and guidances, and operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work across geographic, organizational, technical, and business areas and cultures
- Strategic and technical leadership with the ability to explore, test ideas, and drive to results
- Ability to understand and convey ideas, designs, and solutions, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence with internal and exernal stakeholds and user communities
- Embrace and demonstrate a diversity and inclusion mindset and role model these behaviors
- Engage in teams across functions and geographies with individuals who bring skills and experience to envision, design, deliver, and operationalize key organizational initiatives.
- Help others to understand and apply data skills
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Lead and draw together decision makers across highly complex, multi-party communities that impact functional and business areas
- Accountability for strategic and tactical imperatives, decisions, and outcomes
- Strong engagement model to encourage diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Intuitive ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless and adaptive execution
- Accountable for gathering input, building support, and implementing vision and strategy
- Accelerate change by creating and inspiring an engaged community with shared priorities within a cooperative environment
- Cultivate networks of relationships across R&D and Takeda
- Resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other team members and organizations
- Forward thinking with the ability to explore, shape, and implement change and continuous innovation
- Inclusive approaches to challenge the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to implement innovative solutions that accelerate engagement, stakeholder input, and delivery speed
- Identify opportunities and changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Role model respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
- Ability to work in a complex, highly regulated and shared ownership environment where relationships and responsibilities are combined to deliver high value results
- Familiarity and appreciation for technology, privacy, data security, technology, data science, data governane, and data
- Ability to draw together broad, global communities with multiple perspectives and priorities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific area, preferring Data Science, Data Management, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 7+ years of business experience in biopharma; data governance and technical leadership a plus
- 5+ years of experience in life sciences or related disciplines with an emphasis on data and digital
- Demonstrated expertise in leading new ideas from conception to implementation that reflect and adapt to learnings and unmet needs
- Demonstrated experience in data literacy and implementation of technologies, tools, and processes for data governance including access, analysis, dashboarding, visualization, and decision making
- Strong communication skills, allowing positive and productive engagements with others across multiple organizations, functions, and levels
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $124,600 to $178,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. This posting is made in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
- Job Type Full time
- Job Level Senior
- Travel Minimal
Within Takeda’s Data Sciences Institute, we harness the insight of data and digital to speed the development of new medicines to patients. The Data Sciences Institute (DSI) is primarily focused on getting medicines to patients faster through innovation and efficiencies driven by data and analytics.
We nurture a culture that encourages disciplined risk-taking, supports innovation, values diversity and emphasizes implementation.
We want to hire and develop the best talent to join us on our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine!
- Work with various data sources
- Apply a breadth of methodologies
- Develop analysis pipelines
- Design studies
Where You Fit In
When you join our Data Sciences Institute team, you’ll connect with a diverse and talented group of scientists, engineers and analysts. Together, you’ll define cutting-edge algorithms, conduct pharmacology-based modeling and explore new approaches to data services. In a collaborative environment marked by strong, open and honest leadership, you’ll take charge of your professional advancement as you work on important projects that grow your skills and lead to ongoing opportunities.
A career within the Data Sciences Institute at Takeda will give you everything you need to succeed professionally. You’ll see up close that what you do with information and insight has the power to impact the lives of patients — today and for generations to come. Working here, you’ll understand that our people-first perspective extends beyond patients to include our Takeda team, our families and the communities where we all work and live.
The energy, professionalism and commitment that I experienced in every encounter, from the interview process to meeting with my manager to receiving an offer, left me feeling a certain level of consistency and thoughtfulness. That made me feel really enthusiastic.Brian Johnson Head, R&D Technology,
Data Sciences Institute
Being able to predictably deliver on our portfolio priorities is where we have laser-focus each and every day. By doing this, we keep our eye on the prize of bringing new medicines to patients, and show the value that these treatments can bring to their lives.Simon Davies Head, Statistical & Quantitative Sciences
Data Sciences Institute
We're using the newest technology and methods, like wearable devices and machine learning, to better understand the health of patients participating in our trials.Ariel Dowling Head, Sensing & Measurement,
Digital Health Sciences
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.Learn More
What We Believe In
Our values of Takeda-ism are Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance, with Integrity as the core. These are brought to life through actions based on Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business, in that order.
Our belief in putting people first extends beyond our patients — it includes their families and communities, as well as our Takeda colleagues and their families.
We are committed to embracing our differences, valuing different perspectives, and fostering a culture of respect, inclusiveness and empowerment.
Our embedded Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) strategy enables us to attract and retain exceptional talent, drives innovation, and helps address systemic inequalities in our communities.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
View All Data Science Institute JobsSearch
Senior Business Analyst
Boston, Massachusetts Apply for Senior Business Analyst
Medical Director- Pharmacovigilance - GI
Boston, Massachusetts Apply for Medical Director- Pharmacovigilance - GI
Associate Director, GI² Statistics
Boston, Massachusetts Apply for Associate Director, GI² Statistics
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
Would you like to receive relevant opportunities in your inbox as soon as they’re posted?SIGN UP
Are you interested in company news, attending career events, and hearing more from Takeda?Join