ShinrAI Center for AI/ML Internship - Summer 2024Boston, Massachusetts
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
Within Takeda’s Data Sciences Institute, we harness the insight of data and digital to speed the development of new medicines to patients. The Data Sciences Institute (DSI) is primarily focused on getting medicines to patients faster through innovation and efficiencies driven by data and analytics.
We nurture a culture that encourages disciplined risk-taking, supports innovation, values diversity and emphasizes implementation.
We want to hire and develop the best talent to join us on our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine!
At Takeda, we strive to create an exceptional people experience for patients, communities, partners, and employees. As a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company, we know our decisions and actions affect people’s lives. We look to our values of Takeda-ism, which incorporates Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance, and Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business as a guide in our decision-making process to ensure we do what’s right – for our patients, our people and society.
Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey with Takeda? Our paid 10–12-week summer internship program is designed to immerse you in a dynamic learning environment, featuring a blend of developmental and social activities.
As a Takeda intern, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to impactful projects that play a crucial role in shaping both our business and the well-being of patients. This experience will not only allow you to apply your technical and business knowledge but also empower you to showcase your analytical strength and creative problem-solving skills.
Seize this chance to gain hands-on experience, expand your skill set, and make a meaningful impact on the healthcare industry. We invite you to be a part of our innovative and collaborative team, where your contributions matter.
For more information about Takeda, please visit www.takeda.com.
Please note that Takeda does not provide intern housing or a housing stipend.
ShinrAI Center of Excellence for AI/ML, part of Takeda R&D, is prototyping many applications leveraging large language models and other machine learning methods to improve the pharmaceutical R&D pipeline. Applications include but not limited to using large language models for knowledge extraction to support clinical trial design, building biomedical knowledge graphs, regulatory intelligence; and generating drafts for protocols. You will gain hands on experience building one of these applications while gaining valuable industry experience working alongside professionals and learning about the pharmaceutical landscape.
Apply appropriate data science, ML, NLP, and generative AI methods according to the problem at hand.
Hands-on experience using large language models such as ChatGPT, Llama, Falcon or similar. Making API calls to these models and analyzing outputs.
Work with structured and unstructured databases
Explore new methodologies to enhance automation and visualization.
How you will contribute:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills.
- Deadline-driven with an elevated level of organizational and planning skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Proven record of accomplishment of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity.
- Global mindset to grow in a diverse work environment.
- Interest to solve real world problems with the latest advances in AI/ML.
- Research mindset to generate hypothesis, plan execution, and carry through.
- Proficiency in Python and manipulating structured and unstructured data.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Takeda does not provide sponsorship for internship positions.
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week), within the core business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm, for 10-12 weeks during the summer months.
- Current graduate student with at least one year completed in a Masters or Ph.D. program, working toward a degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Biomedical Engineering, or similar.
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship with Takeda.
- Please note that Takeda does not provide intern housing or a housing stipend.
The hourly pay rate range is $20.00 per hour - $46.00 per hour. The final pay rate offered for this internship may consider several factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Worker Sub-TypePaid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Time TypeFull time
How you'll shine
Many talents one goal
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Senior Director, Pharmacovigilance Operational Excellence and Affiliate Support Boston, Massachusetts Category: Drug Safety
- Manager or Staff, Safety Management, Patient Safety ＆ Pharmacovigilance Japan Osaka, Japan Category: Other
- Senior/Principal Electronic Data Capture Engineer Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Insights & Analytics
- Global Evidence and Outcomes Internship - Summer 2024 Boston, Massachusetts Category: Intern/trainee/apprentice
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.