Senior Manager, Patient Recruitment and Retention
Senior Manager, Patient Recruitment and RetentionJob ID R0106820 Date posted Sep. 18, 2023 Location Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager, Patient Recruitment and Retention based remotely reporting to the Patient Recruitment and Retention leadership team.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Patient Recruitment and Retention’s (PR&R) mission is to support the study teams in effectively planning for and achieving on-time enrollment by developing and executing innovative patient recruitment and site engagement strategies that leverage strategic partnerships, healthcare data, and technologies.
We do this by working with Takeda teams to identify where opportunities and challenges are for recruiting and retaining patients into each study. Once identified, we work with specialized patient recruitment vendors to deliver on targeted strategies and manage campaign performance throughout enrollment.
- Support trial-specific patient recruitment and retention efforts partnering with a Patient Recruitment & Retention Lead to complete strategy development.
- Lead study-specific recruitment programs working closely with the clinical study teams, vendors, and CRO as applicable.
- Work with PR&R specialist to conduct early operational planning and research to evaluate competitive landscape, enrollment modeling, disease prevalence, site identification, and more.
- Collect and promote application of best practices and lessons learned across all programs.
- Proof and edit materials during development and provide feedback on design elements and written content.
- Identify new potential vendors that offer innovative solutions.
- Help manage relationships with existing vendors and ensure vendors are up-to-date on Takeda SOPs and trainings.
- Work cross-functionally with internal groups including External Partners, Procurement, Legal, QA&C, Patient Advocacy, and more.
- Assist with developing content such as presentations, articles, and newsletters.
- Support team initiatives and special projects.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks related to the function.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in patient engagement and recruitment discipline within a pharmaceutical company, CRO, patient recruitment vendor or similar organization, or experience in health promotions or marketing
- Experience in rare disease / difficult to recruit populations a plus
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements and guidelines governing clinical research preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills. A self-starter who motivates, is detail-oriented, has tack, diplomacy, leadership skills and who has flexible and positive approach
- Is time-aware and is able to challenge assumptions in order to optimize timelines, cost and quality
- Able to make sound decisions and communicate recommendations after careful consideration of various courses of action, decision support data, and past experience in trial optimization
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Base Salary Range: $130,200 $186,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
This posting is made in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsMassachusetts - Virtual
Time TypeFull time
- Job Type Full time
- Job Level Senior
- Travel Minimal
At Takeda, we exist to create better health for people and a brighter future for the world. While we continually evolve science and technology, our ambition remains steadfast — we move science forward so we can transform more lives. The Global Development Office (GDO) maintains a laser focus on Study Management and Site Engagement, Clinical Trial Innovation, Clinical Supply Chain and Patient Safety to ensure absolute quality and enable the predictable delivery of our innovative pipeline.
Through its collaborative process, the GDO team leverages data, digital and analytics to improve speed, quality, performance and predictability within every area of clinical development. We’re building a platform to visualize operational data and enable predictive analytics, while leveraging digital technologies to support clinical supply chain and patient safety. GDO also partners with external organizations and leading academic institutions, such as MIT, to spark innovation in AI and Machine Learning focused on better patient outcomes.
At the heart of GDO are our people: we are committed to building a more diverse, equitable and inclusive culture not only within our own walls and our communities, but also across our clinical trials. It is our passion for people that transforms our work into meaningful action. Come join a team that has earned trust for more than two centuries and advances transformative therapies with honesty, integrity and fairness.
- Advance clinical research
- Deliver clinical analytics and study insights using innovative technologies to improve trial accessibility and patient centricity
- Enable end-to-end management of clinical supply
- Ensure safety management and inspection readiness
Where You Fit In
As a member of GDO, you will play an important role in bringing forward our rich pipeline of life-changing products to help patients. You will find enriching engagement and a mindset of continuous improvement through creativity, innovation and diversity.
We are a global organization present in the U.S., Europe and Asia with colleagues located in several additional countries to strategically support our business needs. But our people, and the culture they build, are the foundation that sets GDO apart. Our belief in putting people first extends beyond patients. It includes their families and communities, and also our Takeda colleagues and our families.
Working closely with GDO colleagues and key stakeholders across R&D, you will leverage our new operating model and innovative technologies to accelerate the development of our current and future portfolio to bring medicines to patients faster.
One of the main reasons I came to Takeda is because of the people, the people I would be working with, the people I would be working for. We all use PTRB as our north star. I think that makes it easier to delegate decisions and empower each level of the organization to contribute in a meaningful way.Marisa Rackley Head, Clinical Site Startup & Engagement Global Development Office
It's leveraging technology, it's leveraging data in a very different way. It's not just about using the data that we generate but using real world data and having access to a much more holistic set of data in order to drive the way we work and deliver medicines to patients.Penny Carlson Head of Innovation and Data Global Development Office
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.Learn More
What We Believe In
Our values of Takeda-ism are Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance, with Integrity as the core. These are brought to life through actions based on Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business, in that order.
Our belief in putting people first extends beyond our patients — it includes their families and communities, as well as our Takeda colleagues and their families.
We are committed to embracing our differences, valuing different perspectives, and fostering a culture of respect, inclusiveness and empowerment.
Our embedded Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) strategy enables us to attract and retain exceptional talent, drives innovation, and helps address systemic inequalities in our communities.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
View All Global Development Operations JobsSearch
Senior Clinical Trial Associate
Boston, Massachusetts , Remote Apply for Senior Clinical Trial Associate
Manager, Study Site Engagement, Shanghai
Shanghai, China Apply for Manager, Study Site Engagement, Shanghai
Study Site Engagement Lead
Osaka, Japan Apply for Study Site Engagement Lead
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
Would you like to receive relevant opportunities in your inbox as soon as they’re posted?SIGN UP
Are you interested in company news, attending career events, and hearing more from Takeda?Join