Senior Information and Engagement Specialist, Knowledge Management, Library SciencesBoston, Massachusetts
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
Within Takeda’s Data Sciences Institute, we harness the insight of data and digital to speed the development of new medicines to patients. The Data Sciences Institute (DSI) is primarily focused on getting medicines to patients faster through innovation and efficiencies driven by data and analytics.
We nurture a culture that encourages disciplined risk-taking, supports innovation, values diversity and emphasizes implementation.
We want to hire and develop the best talent to join us on our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine!
About the role:
Join Takeda as a Senior Information and Engagement Specialist, Knowledge Management, Library Sciences where you will use multiple digital formats, platforms, and repositories, we connect people to information and resources that enhance innovation and lead to transformative treatments for patients.
You will also build and nurture trust-based relationships; collaborate with, advocate for, and mentor KM team members; and build bridges with Takeda partners.. As part of the library sciences team, you will report to the Director, Library Sciences and collaborate with colleagues and subject matter experts to identify and capture gaps in usage of KM resources.
How you will contribute:
- Engage with DSI and KM colleagues to incorporate digital technologies into the KM environment
- Create multiple outreach strategies to increase usage of KM tools, platforms, and activities across global Takeda communities
- Represent KM as the outreach/training subject matter expert on all collaborative DSI initiatives
- Manage vendor-led training program, including promotion, post-training surveys, and tracking metrics for multiple sessions per month
- Engage with new hires via monthly newsletters, orientation sessions, and bespoke opportunities
- Develop and execute summer internship program in collaboration with department colleagues and Takeda leadership
- Identify colleagues across the global organization as potential trusted advisors relative to KM programs, content, and training opportunities
- Perform additional departmental responsibilities as required, to include copyright compliance, literature search, resource evaluation, and vendor management
- Master’s degree in a Life Science, Library/Information Science, Strategic Communication, or closely related field. Minimum of 6 years of experience in a global corporate environment, preferably in pharma or biotech
- Demonstrated experience searching a wide variety of scientific research databases (including PubMed, Dialog, Web of Science, and Embase), subject-specific databases, and application of data analytics tools
- Proficiency with survey and learning assessment tools, and the ability to extract and present meaningful data and metrics from these tools
- Proven track record of project management and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with individuals and teams across a highly siloed, complex global organization
- Ability to communicate and interact thoughtfully, transparently, and appropriately with a variety of both internal and external clients
- Experience supporting global colleagues who have a variety of scientific and non-scientific backgrounds and training
- A team player with the ability to forge new partnerships that bridge people and organizations
- Strong communicator with skills in writing, public speaking, and utilizing best practices in pedagogy for individual and group learners
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support, Family Leave
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range: $ 81,000 to $ 117,000, based on the candidate's professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
How you'll shine
Many talents one goal
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Pharmacovigilance Country Lead, Thailand Thailand Category: Medical Affairs
- Product Manager, R&D Development Technology Boston, Massachusetts Category: Information Technology
- Medical Director, Global Medical Safety Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Drug Safety
- a Global Compliance Lead, Audits & Inspection Readiness Boston, Massachusetts Category: Drug Safety
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.