Clinical Partner Outsourcing ManagerRemote
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Senior
- Travel: Minimal
At Takeda, we exist to create better health for people and a brighter future for the world. While we continually evolve science and technology, our ambition remains steadfast — we move science forward so we can transform more lives. The Global Development Office (GDO) maintains a laser focus on Study Management and Site Engagement, Clinical Trial Innovation, Clinical Supply Chain and Patient Safety to ensure absolute quality and enable the predictable delivery of our innovative pipeline.
Through its collaborative process, the GDO team leverages data, digital and analytics to improve speed, quality, performance and predictability within every area of clinical development. We’re building a platform to visualize operational data and enable predictive analytics, while leveraging digital technologies to support clinical supply chain and patient safety. GDO also partners with external organizations and leading academic institutions, such as MIT, to spark innovation in AI and Machine Learning focused on better patient outcomes.
At the heart of GDO are our people: we are committed to building a more diverse, equitable and inclusive culture not only within our own walls and our communities, but also across our clinical trials. It is our passion for people that transforms our work into meaningful action. Come join a team that has earned trust for more than two centuries and advances transformative therapies with honesty, integrity and fairness.
Clinical Partner Outsourcing Manager - REMOTE
- Partner with study teams and counterparts in Procurement to effectively manage our contracting process across a broad category of suppliers supporting R&D activities for assigned therapeutic areas and studies
- Responsible for implementation of study level supplier contracting needs in line with Master Service Agreements, including development of study level contracts, change orders, PO generation, reconciliation and closeout activities.
- Keeps informed on best practices for innovative technology integration capabilities for best-in-class outsourcing management
- Partners with key functions (including Therapeutic Area Units/Business Units, Regional Development Centers, Clinical Operations, Clinical Site Startup & Engagement) with direct responsibility to ensure all contracts and agreements support predictable delivery and quality, and that Takeda’s supplier base is aligned with Takeda’s strategic objectives, values, and policies
- Incorporates negotiated scope and budgets into executable contracts with our suppliers, ensuring efficiency and consistency in our agreements.
- Establish strong working relationships with key business partners.
- Responsible for creation, documentation, and maintenance of global Clinical Partner Outsourcing management and processes. Partner with key functions to continuously refine and improve contracting processes, templates, and approach to ensure efficiency and accuracy in contracting
- Monitor appropriate value-oriented KPIs developed within Clinical Partner Management, ensuring corrective and preventative actions are taken to ensure delivery of Clinical Partner Management objectives
- Refine and uphold best practices through industry benchmarking, harmonization and integration of systems, and applying data analytics. Anticipate and identify external industry trends impacting Takeda’s operating/cost model and make recommendations to GDO Leadership team based on defined best practices to promote optimal outsourcing performance.
- Keep track of available technologies to implement and support best-in-class clinical outsourcing approach.
- Proactively identify potential Clinical Partner Outsourcing management issues, develop contingency plans and escalate to Clinical Partner Outsourcing leadership as necessary
- May contribute to assessment of contracting and purchase order systems/tools to select suitable options for all Clinical Partner Outsourcing needs
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Responsible for facilitating valued collaboration with Takeda internal stakeholders and clinical trial delivery partners to achieve high quality and optimized execution through effective outsourcing and contracting practices
- Support the Clinical Partner Outsourcing Lead in developing cross-enterprise view of capability gaps, engage with Takeda and suppliers to prioritize gaps and capability management
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, GCPs, and applicable regulations, as well as inspection readiness of all regulated activities
- Create a culture focused on quality, patient safety, and “Takeda-ism” that attracts, retains, and develops the most effective people
- Travel up to 10% or as needed per business needs.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent required, Life Sciences preferred
- 5+ years in clinical outsourcing, contract management, or procurement in the pharmaceutical industry and/or clinical research organization
- Experience in coordinating collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, execution, and communication skills
- Successful negotiation, cost reduction and process improvement achievements
- Global/international experience required, including ability to collaborate with colleagues and staff in other locations
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
This position is currently classified as “remote” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $105,000 to $150,000 . Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsMassachusetts - Virtual
Time TypeFull time
The heart of our work
Shining a light on new perspectives
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- Manager, Diversity & Inclusion in Clinical Trials Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Global Development Office
- Senior Manager, Study Site Engagement Petah Tikva, Israel, Remote Category: Global Development Office
- Associate Director or Manager, Clinical Operations Japan/ 日本開発センター 臨床開発部 主席部員または課長代理 Osaka, Japan Category: Global Development Office
- Study Site Engagement Lead Sydney, Australia Category: Global Development Office
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.