EU Public Affairs Lead
EU Public Affairs LeadJob ID R0093028 Date posted Aug. 11, 2023 Location Brussels, Belgium
Are you looking for a patient-focused innovation-driven company who will support your career and future? Join us as EU Public Affairs Lead in Brussels, Belgium!
- Drive policy discussions in the EU (Brussels) and Europe on the value of plasma and the need for a supportive policy and regulatory environment to enable reliable access to plasma and sustainable access to PDTs, while strengthening Takeda’s reputation.
- Partner with teams across Takeda in PDT BU, EUCAN BU to activate and equip Takeda leaders, local operating companies (LOCs), and regional teams with tools and strategies to engage policymakers and the policy community on plasma-related issues.
- As part of a Global PDT Corporate Affairs team, manage complex policy issues and develop global tools and approaches to support plasma availability and patient access to PDTs, potentially taking on or contributing to global projects.
- Represent Takeda externally and help shape an EU and European public policy environment that supports reliable availability of plasma and patient access to PDTs. Position Takeda and PDT BU effectively, building trust and reputation with policy stakeholders and their influencers.
- Build and coordinate Takeda PDT BU positions on EU and European policy and legislative issues, liaising with teams across Takeda to ensure coordinated and aligned approaches, building key relationships, and forging external partnerships.
- Advocate to EU policymakers including the European Commission, European Parliament, and Council of the EU. Participate in, organize and actively contribute to activities run by the EU institutions, industry organizations, advocacy groups and other platforms.
- Support Takeda engagement in EU trade associations such as EFPIA, EUCOPE, EuropaBio. Represent Takeda in European associations, including taking a leading role in Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA) Europe.
- In partnership with the PDT Corporate Affairs team, support LOC teams across Europe to effectively communicate positions on plasma and PDT-related policy issues and build supportive policy environments at national level.
- Manage outsourced Public Affairs and Communication agency resources as needed. Establish and oversee effective policy monitoring systems. Provide effective guidance on how to support our teams efficiently and effectively.
- Support a ‘One Takeda’ approach in Brussels, partnering effectively with EUCAN Public Affairs and the Brussels EU Public Affairs Office. Coordinate and align among all Takeda teams interacting with representatives of the EU institutions and other stakeholders.
- Be a collaborative member of the PDT Global Corporate Teams, helping to manage regional and global policy issues and ensuring effective delivery of priority team projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in policy, public affairs or government relations, acquired in multinational company, public affairs agency or trade association, with minimum 5 years in the EU policy environment.
- Experience working in a complex organization, building strong cross-functional relationships with key partners, motivating teams across functions and regions without direct authority.
- Strong business acumen: ability to monitor and process complex information and proven experience in managing complex policy issues.
- Ability to assess and articulate the business and reputational impact of policy, legislative, and regulatory issues.
- Strong writing and drafting capabilities and abilities to develop engaging narratives and related materials are essential.
- Understanding of trade associations’ ability to drive Takeda priorities in collaborative ways.
- Capable of working autonomously as part of the PDT Corporate Affairs team and in collaboration with EUCAN BU regional teams and LOCs
- Effective use of and ability to manage appointed out-sourced public affairs consultancies.
- Identifies areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Understands healthcare issues and strategic long-term vision of company plans, objectives.
- Navigates Trade Associations to drive company goals and policy positions, and secure industry support and resources to reach Takeda’s goals.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects, internal/external stakeholders, external consultants / agencies / vendors, changing schedules and multi-tasking.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and preferably in one (or two) other European languages
- Knowledge of rare diseases and/or blood & plasma policy issues are a plus.
Time TypeFull time
Business Area Overview
As a trusted global leader and industry partner who is reimagining plasma and exploring its untapped potential, Takeda’s Plasma-Derived Therapies (PDT) Business Unit is dedicated to transforming the lives of patients worldwide who rely on these lifesaving and life-sustaining therapies.
With an 80-year legacy of developing treatments for rare and complex chronic diseases, we thrive on innovation, offering a broad, differentiated portfolio of more than 20 plasma medicines with integrated care solutions to patients in more than 80 countries.
Powered by ~ 17,000 Takeda employees, our ~200 high-quality BioLife donation centers, a dedicated R&D team, and eight world-class plasma manufacturing facilities, we are unleashing data, digital and technology to transform our end-to-end operations and set new industry standards.
This enables us to innovatively and sustainably meet the growing and changing needs of patients, our people, and our planet, today and in the future.
What makes a successful team member within PDT at Takeda?
- Bold Thinker
At the iHUB, we focus on disruptive innovation within our PDT Donor to patient ecosystem that not only focuses on the patients of today, but creates the pathway to meet the patients of tomorrow.Nat Arlander Head of the Plasma Innovation Hub in PDT
Our dedicated and specialized PDT R&D organization is uniquely positioned to support the entire patient experience. By challenging decades of established thinking and driving patient-centric innovations, we have the opportunity to have a tremendous impact on those who rely on plasma-derived therapies today and those who can benefit from them in the future.Kristina Allikmets Head of PDT, R&D
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 15 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2023.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
View all Plasma-Derived Therapy JobsSearch
PDT DDT Operations Manager
Apply for PDT DDT Operations Manager Bannockburn, Illinois Information Technology
Medizinische Assistenz (w/m/d) - BioLife Plasmazentrum Wien Donaustadt
Apply for Medizinische Assistenz (w/m/d) - BioLife Plasmazentrum Wien Donaustadt Vienna, Austria Plasma Management
Medizinische Assistenz (w/m/d) - BioLife Plasmazentrum Innsbruck
Apply for Medizinische Assistenz (w/m/d) - BioLife Plasmazentrum Innsbruck Innsbruck, Austria Plasma Management
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
Would you like to receive relevant opportunities in your inbox as soon as they’re posted?SIGN UP
Are you interested in company news, attending career events, and hearing more from Takeda?Join