Senior Financial AnalystThousand Oaks, California
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
About the role:
You will work as an agile thought partner and a trusted advisor. Support Finance Business Partner in financial planning, forecasting and analysis as well as monthly close processes, while ensuring compliance with SOX, IFRS, etc. Support continuous improvement of processes, controls and systems/tools. This is a hybrid position that reports to the Head of Finance.
How you will contribute:
- Administer semi-annual financial planning processes and provide supporting analyses to the Finance Business Partner(s).
- Assist in developing value-added financial models and analytical tools to support function objectives and projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to proactively solve discrepancies, and with local and Regional/OpU Finance teams to develop detailed explanation for variances between actual and plan.
- Support the development, deployment and use of the financial planning system and financial models.
- Manage the monthly financial close process and collaborate with Takeda Business Solutions to initiate entries on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare and distribute monthly reporting packages and analyses. Identify opportunities for streamlining and enhancement.
- Educate functional management on the use of reporting tools and Finance concept.
- Perform product costing analysis and support including updating product costs for the annual cost change and monthly analysis of work order variances and costing for new products where required.
- Support local fixed asset, asset tagging and verification, project support and controlling needs for strategic capital projects.
- Ensure SOX controls compliance and audit support where required.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting. Master's or CPA preferred.
- 3 years of overall business experience in accounting, financial planning or decision analytics roles.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry, including cost accounting experience in operations.
- Analytical software skills (TM1, SAP, Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Office Suite –Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- May work in a cold, hot or wet environment.
- May work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range: $81,900 to $ 117,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors, including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - CA - Thousand Oaks - Rancho Conejo
Time TypeFull time
Working at Takeda
InclusionHere, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
CollaborationA strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
InnovationBold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Top WorkplaceRecognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 17 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2024.
Work-LifeOur people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EmpowermentThrough trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're Steadfast In Our Commitment to Four Key Imperatives
Responsibly translate science into highly innovative medicines and accelerate access to improve lives worldwide.
Create an exceptional people experience.
Protect our planet.
Data & Digital
Transform Takeda into the most trusted, data-driven, outcomes-based biopharmaceutical company.
Jobs for you
- MCR, OBU, LC, Guiyang Guiyang, China, Remote Category: Sales and Marketing
- Senior SPC Engineer I Lexington, Massachusetts Category: Engineering
- Manager, Feasibility Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Global Development Office
- Senior Manager, Feasibility Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Category: Global Development Office
Join our talent community
Get customized job alerts sent right to your inbox. Plus, get the latest in company news and other important resources by signing up for our talent community.